Wtb hp elite x3

Status
Not open for further replies.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
well since my HP X3 died on me a few days ago, I'm looking for a new one. Since MSFT store is selling them for $299 I figured 150-180 is my price range... I'm so made cuzz I had the chanced to buy one here in Canada WITH A lap dock AND EVERYTHING FOR $350 and a couple of cases and everything, and I hesitated because I wanted to buy it as a backup and didn't need all that but then the guy sold it and I lost the deal... now I'm kicking my @ss lol

Item Description: HP Elite x3
Price Range: 150-180
Condition: used or new
Payment Method: PayPal or courier pigeon
Additional Info: looking to buy just the phone, don't need the dock or anything but will take it if it comes with obviously
Contact Info - Please PM or post below, thanks

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
C'MON GUYS! gotta be somebody willing to sell your x3 your not using, since everyone is jumping to IOS/Android! let me know your asking price.... daddy needs a another X3!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
C'MON GUYS! gotta be somebody willing to sell your x3 your not using, since everyone is jumping to IOS/Android! let me know your asking price.... daddy needs a another X3!

It doesn't help that your asking price is close to $100 less than what they're going for on Swappa.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't help that your asking price is close to $100 less than what they're going for on Swappa.

Well I can't help it the person is asking over the market value... They're going for $299 at MS store... And please don't say its sold out.... That has no bearing on the "market" price...
Price is still the going price. But like I said I'm willing to negotiate a bit... But I'm not THAT desperate that I'm going to pay over the market price for a USED phone that God only knows how long it will last me.. Case in point my X3 that died on me not even a year of owning it...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I can't help it the person is asking over the market value... They're going for $299 at MS store... And please don't say its sold out.... That has no bearing on the "market" price...
Price is still the going price. But like I said I'm willing to negotiate a bit... But I'm not THAT desperate that I'm going to pay over the market price for a USED phone that God only knows how long it will last me.. Case in point my X3 that died on me not even a year of owning it...

You were upset about people not selling you an Elite x3. I explained why, your buy price is too low for the secondary market. I'm not sure your expectation of "market price" is accurate. If you want an accurate idea of what the device is going for on the secondary market, you can do a couple things.

1.) Look at eBay auctions that have recently closed, or are about to close, and see what they're going for.
2.) Look at Swappa's recently sold and currently listed. You can even look in the comment sections to see what people are offering for the currently listed ones. That should give you an idea of how much people are willing to pay.

Just trying to help you out.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
You were upset about people not selling you an Elite x3. I explained why, your buy price is too low for the secondary market. I'm not sure your expectation of "market price" is accurate. If you want an accurate idea of what the device is going for on the secondary market, you can do a couple things.

1.) Look at eBay auctions that have recently closed, or are about to close, and see what they're going for.
2.) Look at Swappa's recently sold and currently listed. You can even look in the comment sections to see what people are offering for the currently listed ones. That should give you an idea of how much people are willing to pay.

Just trying to help you out.

first off I'm not upset, I don't know why you think that I'm upset... secondly like I've explained in my post above, alot of the people are over pricing their devices to recoup most of the loss of their purchase... which I understand, BUT, being as Windows Mobile is losing support next year and the apps store is drying up like crazy and Windows store is selling at $299 for a BRAND NEW device, and again like I've said I bought a USED device that ended up going kaput after 6 or 7 months of owning it.... so try to look at it my POV... of course everybody thinks their stuff is worth more when selling them.. every one wants maximum recoup or maximum return.... that's the nature of the beast... but I have been able to find an X3 in canada with a lap dock for $300 IN CANADA! if i didn't take so long to decide to buy it (because my X3 was still functional) I would have been ok, but I didn't know my X3 would die on me... also there has been many sellers on here selling thier x3 for 180- 200 which is moire fair IMO... I'm not willing to spend more in case it breaks a couple of days/weeks or months later.... not like the seller can guarantee me a year warranty... know what I mean? so that's my view of things... if I have to which I don't want to but Ill use my LG G5 till I find one in my price range... but thanks for your help anyways...

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I think it's fair to state: "you pays your quarter and you takes your chance". That's how life goes; no guarantee that you will be here in 2, 4 or 12 months. Not trying to poo poo your stance just think you need to filter a bit of common sense to your thought process.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
The price on the CAD Microsoft Store never dipped below $999 (that I saw), no longer listed. Not even seeing it listed on the US store either so not sure where you're seeing the $299 price. Either way, I'll bet most who bought paid a lot more so think you have some work on your hands trying to find one nearing your "willing to pay" price range.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I think it's fair to state: "you pays your quarter and you takes your chance". That's how life goes; no guarantee that you will be here in 2, 4 or 12 months. Not trying to poo poo your stance just think you need to filter a bit of common sense to your thought process.

really? LOL and you think by your logic that I just should over pay for an obsolete device because I might not be here in 2, 4, 12 months... thats you're logic? really??? LOL your really gonna use that? you really call that common sense? lmao wow oooook, I think my common sense makes way more common sense than yours :wink:

anyways guys forget I even asked... Mod you can close this thread, obviously its not getting anywhere..

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
really? LOL and you think by your logic that I just should over pay for an obsolete device because I might not be here in 2, 4, 12 months... thats you're logic? really??? LOL your really gonna use that? you really call that common sense? lmao wow oooook, I think my common sense makes way more common sense than yours :wink:

anyways guys forget I even asked... Mod you can close this thread, obviously its not getting anywhere..
I'll close it. Good luck finding a device at a price that is suitable for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo