WTF...3 days..and the screen is already F'ed up...for no reason? opening and closing?

one028

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Had the Duo since Friday...love it...or should I say loved it. Got the hang of the software, and for me it was awesome and had fun....UNTIL..I attempted to put the Zagg screen protector on it.. Heard it was horrible installation process, but got the first screen protector out of 4 on perfect...cleaned the second screen, and found the entire screen covered in scratches...thought there was a plastic screen protector on it or something, but couldnt peel anything off. The scratches came out of no where...had it for 3 days, bumper installed day one, no drops, no scuffs...it was treated like a baby...WTF??? Guess its going back...never thought I would have to send it back because its damaging itself opening and closing apparently.

cleaned the screens to install the Zagg glass screen protector I purchased from Best Buy. Cleaned the first screen, no problems and installed the screen protector. Everyone was saying that the Zagg was horrible to install. I installed it perfect on the first screen. Started to prep the second screen on the left...cleaned it with the Zagg supplied wipes, and saw all the scratches on the screen before I installed the screen protector. The scratches were so bad, I thought the DUO came installed with a cheap plastic screen protector...but it doesnt..

the scratches on the left screen is what is concerning. Looks like its from opening and closing the phone, cant think of anything else that would cause it.

Attachments

• 20200915_003507.jpg
    20200915_003507.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 20200915_003546.jpg
    20200915_003546.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 20200915_003613.jpg
    20200915_003613.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 13

SnakePlisskin

Sep 11, 2020
Visit site
Thing looks like it was slid across the floor or something.

Scratches happen from scrapes not from two screens touching each other repeatedly. Not sure how opening and closing the screen would cause scratches like that. Something would have to be rubbing on the screen not just making contact from closing it.

Do you have kids? Is it possible there was something inside the screen that got caught in there when you closed it once?

geraldem

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
When you put the protector on the first screen, did you lay it down on the left screen? so when you were applying pressure to apply the protector, maybe it slide on the surface you were working on?

Thinkbusiness

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Had the Duo since Friday...love it...or should I say loved it. Got the hang of the software, and for me it was awesome and had fun....UNTIL..I attempted to put the Zagg screen protector on it.. Heard it was horrible installation process, but got the first screen protector out of 4 on perfect...cleaned the second screen, and found the entire screen covered in scratches...thought there was a plastic screen protector on it or something, but couldnt peel anything off. The scratches came out of no where...had it for 3 days, bumper installed day one, no drops, no scuffs...it was treated like a baby...WTF??? Guess its going back...never thought I would have to send it back because its damaging itself opening and closing apparently.

cleaned the screens to install the Zagg glass screen protector I purchased from Best Buy. Cleaned the first screen, no problems and installed the screen protector. Everyone was saying that the Zagg was horrible to install. I installed it perfect on the first screen. Started to prep the second screen on the left...cleaned it with the Zagg supplied wipes, and saw all the scratches on the screen before I installed the screen protector. The scratches were so bad, I thought the DUO came installed with a cheap plastic screen protector...but it doesnt..

the scratches on the left screen is what is concerning. Looks like its from opening and closing the phone, cant think of anything else that would cause it.

Not sure what you did but those kind of scratches on Gorilla 5 glass is definitely not from normal use. Nobody (even reviewers who received the device weeks before launch) has mentioned the screen scratching for "no reason at all" - Just admit you put it in your pocket folded over together with your car keys or something... :winktongue:

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
There wasn't a piece of sand on that cleaning cloth you used was there? This is a bit extreme. Looks like something almost sanded it down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes