Xbox FY23 Q4 gaming revenue increased 1% year-over-year

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not following the gaming side of the industry as closely as some times in the past. How did the rest of the industry do? Did MS outperform or underperform the industry? Thinking of companies like Sony, Ubisoft, Tencent, Valve, and even game adjacent hardware companies like Razer.

While we need MS to turn profits and show growth so we know that business line is healthy and they won't abandon gaming, it's also important to understand how they're doing relative to the competition. 1% gain sounds small, but if everyone else shrank due to reduced time at home following the end of pandemic lockdowns, maybe that's great. On the other hand, if everyone else grew at 5% or more, than the paltry 1% growth may be even worse than it sounds.

Meanwhile, I just want my Family Game Pass plan. I know MS ended the "experimental" Family Game Pass in other markets, but sounds like it's to put everything together for a new launch that will include the U.S. I hope so. Their revenue at least from me will increase once that comes online and by a lot more than 1% per year.

Samuel Tolbert

Staff member
Apr 14, 2023
Visit site
I'm not following the gaming side of the industry as closely as some times in the past. How did the rest of the industry do? Did MS outperform or underperform the industry? Thinking of companies like Sony, Ubisoft, Tencent, Valve, and even game adjacent hardware companies like Razer.

While we need MS to turn profits and show growth so we know that business line is healthy and they won't abandon gaming, it's also important to understand how they're doing relative to the competition. 1% gain sounds small, but if everyone else shrank due to reduced time at home following the end of pandemic lockdowns, maybe that's great. On the other hand, if everyone else grew at 5% or more, than the paltry 1% growth may be even worse than it sounds.

Meanwhile, I just want my Family Game Pass plan. I know MS ended the "experimental" Family Game Pass in other markets, but sounds like it's to put everything together for a new launch that will include the U.S. I hope so. Their revenue at least from me will increase once that comes online and by a lot more than 1% per year.
I'll be sure to include other publishers recent financial results in the "read more" section moving forward.

But for MS, basically it's not great but it's not terrible. Considering the games they've had in the past six months, still seeing any growth in content and services/Game Pass is very good. Hardware is the issue that needs to be solved.

And agreed, I don't personally need it but a lot of people want that Family Plan. It feels a bit weird to me they're ending the preview program without having the full launch ready, but who knows.

Reactions: GraniteStateColin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard