Xbox lite

gadgetebz

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it time for Microsoft to release a $150 XBOX LITE TV BOX that can run Windows 10 APPS and ability plug in a Kinnect as an ADDON for SKYPE and Exercise Type applications? My Parents and Sisters are not into hardcore games but seemed to really enjoy the XBOX FITNESS and Netflix etc but were put off by the price of the FULL XBOX SYSTEM.. Perhaps an XBOX LITE could stream games from the Internet or MAIN XBOX Console in another room of the house..

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the price would need to be much lower, since that would basically be a device similar to Apple TV ($99) or Google Chromecast ($35).

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting for Microsoft to make something like this for years. I'm not a gamer and ask my shows i watch i get through Hulu or Netflix. I've thought about getting a roku or some tv but I'd love to get something made by Microsoft that has nominal capabilities but still has great cohesion worth the MS ecosystem. It was rumored a year ago that they were going to make something like this but it never happened. I think it's because it would eat some of their Xbox one sales. Too bad cuz I'd but one in a heartbeat.

gadgetebz

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the price would need to be much lower, since that would basically be a device similar to Apple TV ($99) or Google Chromecast ($35).

Agreed about the price but I was thinking of something slightly more powerful than an Apple TV with one of the new Celeron Processors and the ability to attach a Kinnect cheaply if purchased in a bundle.. It would be great if you could pair it with a FULL Xbox to play FULL POWER GAMES if you wanted to like the WII U and PS4 can do with their controller/handheld...

Add a keyboard and mouse and you have a reasonable PC... I could also see this being used in schools and even corporate environment especially with Kinnect.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I do hope they don't bring one out, just bought my wife an Xbox One just for the entertainment/TV side of it, would hate to think I could have waited and saved money :wink:

Seriously it would be an option to consider, but with prices falling (They always do) I can see the Xbox One becoming a serious (Excuse the pun) player in many more homes.

Now if only they would bring out a WP lite, ditch the phone part and just have a portable Windows media player so I can ditch my Sony Walkman and have access to my Xbox Music pass music without using up my phones battery :smile:

gadgetebz

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I am tempted to get a Celeron NUC running Windows 10 as a media box or if I want to play Steam games I could go for the Core I3 version.. I would probably prefer something based on XBOX but it would be a good alternative I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sauceruney