Xbox One is downloading 1.1GB update

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I awoke to a 1.1GB download system update for Xbox One. I hope this is the "New Xbox Experience" for insiders. If it is I shall report back and see how much is broken like all preview stuff!!!

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Yep, its the New Xbox Experience. Joy! Time to see whats borked.

Also, its version 10553.1020.amd64fre.th2_xbox_ref_1510.151003-2016

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes I had it too, sometimes I have a problem with WIFI and it is not connected.
If I try to add a network the list of networks does not show, if I try to add via SSID it says it cannot connect due to incompatible security protocol.
Soft reboot didn't fix but totally powering it down and unplugging for a few minutes seems to have resolved it.

This is the only immediate issue I found so far.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Big issue: Streaming media to it. The media, in my case a movie, will begin playing, then a moment later a box will pop up saying there is no media found, while the movie keeps playing. Very weird.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
my console just prompted me for this update tonight.... but am not sure why

i am a preview programme member, but never opted in for the new user experience programme.

so i updated, it presuming it was a system update, not relating to NXE (as you have to explicitly check that option)

but after update, its clear its the new win 10 dashboard etc, so my question is, is it now mandatory? or has everyone now got this version?

as i wanted to stay "vanilla" until NXE was finalized

:confused:

andrew2280

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the same thing yesterday. I turned on the Xbox and it wanted to do a 1.1 GB update. Mine is having issues with the download/installation though since it comes up with a failed to install message straight away.

I didn't opt in for the NXE programme either, maybe they are pushing it to all insiders now.

Div D

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Me too I don't have Wi-Fi sometimes but got it downloaded in 20 minutes

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

NuttyProf

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
All preview members were warned that unless they leave the preview programme then their console will update to NXOE automatically. You need to manually leave programme in order to delay update, but bear in mind in less than 2 weeks everyone will get it, unless they unplug from the Internet.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi NuttyProf, what form did that communication come in, an email or xbox message etc? thanks

All preview members were warned that unless they leave the preview programme then their console will update to NXOE automatically. You need to manually leave programme in order to delay update, but bear in mind in less than 2 weeks everyone will get it, unless they unplug from the Internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99