Xbox to begin giving out strikes to accounts breaking the rules

DimitriPetrenko

Aug 21, 2023
Visit site
I have been playing Xbox for much of my life. It's a slippery slope to begin policing people's speech. Is it against the rules to trash talk in video games? It better not be. The mute function was implemented for a reason, and so was the block function. I understand it becomes an issue when someone makes new accounts to go after someone, that's definitely unreasonable, but if I say someone sucks in call of duty, I shouldn't be given a strike on my account. I'm also not very sensitive to trash talk or even inappropriate insults. If it bothers me I block and or mute the person, and it always ends there. The report function also exists for a reason, and it's to report legitimate threats, doxxing, or cheating. These are just my thoughts. Obviously Microsoft and it's employees will do whatever they want and tend to listen to a vocal minority rather than the entire customer base, but I would at least like to leave my thoughts in the hopes that the community will see and agree. Anyone who agrees with this 1,000,000% true reply should let it be known by liking this, and/or replying to me so that if you disagree then your thoughts can be seen. Thanks in advance to anyone who took the time to read this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria