Xiaomi Mi4 LTE: my Windows 10 experience

Elior Salem

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
WP_20160823_22_40_25_Pro.jpgWP_20160823_22_41_06_Pro.jpg

just got my new mi4 after using the lumia 830.
everything just flying on this drvice!
the only problem here is the camera that not good (far away) as the lumia's phones.
buy ill live with it untill surface phone ;)

angelotroina

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Actual truth is:

If you have experienced the Mi4 functioning with its official Miui, you will feel the Xiaomi Mi4 running W10 as a quite defective device

djblitz

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
mind listing the hiccups? also, is this available with more than the 16GB internal storage? and what would you recommend? this or a 930?

Vincentius Dalton

May 28, 2014
Visit site
mind listing the hiccups? also, is this available with more than the 16GB internal storage? and what would you recommend? this or a 930?

The hiccups I experience are still the same as what I've written in the 3rd post in this thread. Yes, this model is available in 64 GB, but thus far I've failed to locate the 64 GB version of this phone. If price is not an issue to you, I would recommend the 930 all day. Otherwise, if you can live with these hiccups, this phone is a fantastic choice given the price.

You can find the 16 GB storage version of this phone - both the 2 GB and 3 GB RAM version - in gearbest.com. They will ship for free across the world. In fact, I bought mine there.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
The hiccups I experience are still the same as what I've written in the 3rd post in this thread. Yes, this model is available in 64 GB, but thus far I've failed to locate the 64 GB version of this phone. If price is not an issue to you, I would recommend the 930 all day. Otherwise, if you can live with these hiccups, this phone is a fantastic choice given the price.

You can find the 16 GB storage version of this phone - both the 2 GB and 3 GB RAM version - in gearbest.com. They will ship for free across the world. In fact, I bought mine there.

Thanks for your input and suggestions. I?m debating if I should wait for the Idol 4 pro or get a used HTC One M8 because it seems its getting windows 10 after all.
Cheers

akoj

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
He probably wants better build quality, speakers, battery life or microSD slot.

Regarding Mi4 2/16 it is selling for less then 150$ on few Chinese webshops and AliExpress.

djblitz

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Fair point @akoj, I'm not seeing where there is an official update and if it's performs anything like how 10 performed on the Ativ SE I would advise against it. Have you seen anything bigger than the 16GB for the mi4?

angelotroina

May 30, 2016
Visit site
If you can chose between the Mi4 and Lumia 930, the latter will surely give you a better experience with Windows 10 Mobile.

I repeat: The project is still in a preliminary phase, and, as for the last months, it appears to be abandoned! The Xiaomi Mi4 running W10 will give you the impression of a defective device! Here I list again the major problems (still present also after the anniversary update):

1) The display stutters.
2) Bad Camera Focus (and terrible videos).
3) Bad speaker volume (online streaming content, like netflix, e.g., is prevented due to this issue).
4) The phone's connections get frequently lost (you can't receive phone calls, sms, or data even if your phone appears to work normally. Eventually, if you try to call, send an sms or data you notice the phone's connections are not working, you need to reboot your phone. This might happen even once every one or two days).
5) Heating: the device heats up a lot more than when running its original Miui (with Miui 8 the heating is experienced only when performing heavy tasks, with W10 your device will start frying after a minute of web browsing).
6) Home Buttons do not get their proper light.

All these "hiccups" make the Xiaomi Mi4 running Windows 10 a "DEFECTIVE" device.

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I was actually considering to pick one of these up because I'm starting to really hate the on-screen navigation bar instead of physical (albeit capacitive) keys for back, start and search. But reading those issues and the lack of a 64GB 4G version being readily available*, I guess I will have to live with on-screen buttons for some time (*you can order wholesale from Chinese companies though, for example minimum of 5 pieces).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers