Yamada Denki Every Phone Windows 10

HeavyHanded

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
As was announced here, a large Japanese electronics retailer has launched a Windows 10 Phone. I'm thinking of buying it to replace my Lumia 636 (which I only bought because I broke my HTC 8X and couldn't wait for the 640XL to launch).
Japan's Yamada Denki to launch Every Phone with Windows 10 Mobile on Nov. 28 | Windows Central

What seems nice about the phone is that the screen is 5.5 inches and it is as thin as the iPhone 6s, and looks like a flagship phone (metal and glass, I think).

It is a bit pricey at $320 but my main concern is the processor. I have no intention of every doing continuum, I have a Surface 3 that I can connect up to my monitor and keyboard and mouse. But I wanted to know if you guys think going from a Snapdragon 400 with 1GB of RAM to a Snapdragon 410 with 2GB of RAM will be a significant experience improvement. Any comments would be appreciated.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
First, let me say I'm excited to see that Win 10 Mo is helping Windows Phone get some traction in Japan...

I had a Lumia 830 with an SD 400 and I have a Win HD LTE with a SD 410. Granted each has 1 GB RAM and moe RAM is always a help. But side by side a 400 and a 410, I think the 410 advantage is mostly efficiency which translates into battery endurance. I can't say the Win HD LTE is any faster. Both phones are powering the same number of pixels with similar battery size. BLU lasts longer than 830 ever did for me.

It might be a trade up, but maybe not so much as you might anticipate.

What about NuAns Neo? I like the looks of this one. Modular style with interchangeable backs, the continuum dock doubles as a desk lamp and it has a Snapdragon 617 SoC, 2GB RAM, 13 MP rear camera and a very respectable 3,350 mAH battery.

nuans neo - Bing

HeavyHanded

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, Rumored Now. It is always a catch with Windows Phones. I wish this had just a bit more oomf for the price they are asking. The NuAns looks interesting. I like that it has a 600 series snapdragon for the same price as the Every Phone, but I'm not digging the style.

I guess I'll check out the Every Phone and see if I like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria