Your couch called, it wants a new gaming TV for Black Friday 2023: Here are the best deals going on now

NoLifeDGenerate

May 7, 2023
www.mentallyirregular.com
I've owned TCL, Sony, LG, and Samsung 4KTVs. The only one I actually like is my Samsung QN90.

• The TCL got the dirty screen effect after a while and half the settings are hidden behind a goddamn phone app instead of in the TV where they belong.
  • The Sony X950G last 1 month beyond warranty and suddenly ended up with a horizontal line across the center of the screen as if it cracked in half while watching a movie.
  • The LG CX had the most annoying OS and issues of any TV I've owned, regardless of PQ. First off, it had a nasty HDMI bug that crashed all the ports until you do a factory reset. Never got fixed. Then the ADL had a weird issue where certain stupid bright effects (like getting hit with a wraith mortar in Halo) would crash the TV and make it reboot.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've owned TCL, Sony, LG, and Samsung 4KTVs. The only one I actually like is my Samsung QN90.

• The TCL got the dirty screen effect after a while and half the settings are hidden behind a goddamn phone app instead of in the TV where they belong.
  • The Sony X950G last 1 month beyond warranty and suddenly ended up with a horizontal line across the center of the screen as if it cracked in half while watching a movie.
  • The LG CX had the most annoying OS and issues of any TV I've owned, regardless of PQ. First off, it had a nasty HDMI bug that crashed all the ports until you do a factory reset. Never got fixed. Then the ADL had a weird issue where certain stupid bright effects (like getting hit with a wraith mortar in Halo) would crash the TV and make it reboot.
I really hate to agree with you on the LG since I was so excited when the purchased webOS and announced they were bringing it into their TV lineup. I bought the first LG television with the new OS and it was (and still is) fantastic. I bought a later LG and was soooo disappointed by them pushing their ThinQ services into the OS - totally ruining the experience. I've got 3 LG's with no hardware issues (so far) - knock on wood. But yeah, they ruined the OS. The only interaction I have with an OS now is to simply change inputs to choose different streaming hardware now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria