Your Microsoft 365 subscription now comes with a free VPN on PC and phone

fjtorres5591

May 16, 2023
Visit site
Does it work for other streaming uses, like video conferencing?
Teams and the like? Very useful if it does.

No region-spoofing makes it more of an encrypted traffic service than a commercial VPN by consumer standards.
Which is fine...at that price. 😎

ad47uk

May 17, 2016
Visit site
That is not bad at all, as you get could storage and office in the U.K for a single user for £60 a year, adding VPN onto that makes it better, as long as you don't go over the 50GB. I use Nord VPN, which last time cost me £96 for the year. not going to renew it at that price.

You would have thought that Ms would advertise the VPN function, but looking at MS 365 site, I can not see it.

the one problem with MS VPN is not being to change the server, sometimes I like change to say the U.S as I am in the U.K or another country.

If it was not so restrictive, I would have had a look when my subscription runs out of Nord. Also, not sure if I want MS stuff on my Mac,

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
One feature I pay for VPN service is for a static IP#. I need this when I travel to access certain IP-restricted servers. I know that's a bit of niche use case, but it is available as an upcharge from most (all?) of the major VPN providers. It would be great (and good for MS profits) if users could pay to go beyond the included 50GB and gain access to more advanced VPN features. Keep the free part free, but add support for more VPN features.

Or, maybe by offering what they do for free, they're mainly trying to put price pressure on the other big VPN providers to keep their own prices reasonable, which helps many mobile Windows users. If that's the case, they may be trying to avoid head-to-head competition with what they may view as synergistic solution providers for Windows users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banele duma