YouTube changed it's design and Black Theme not available using Chromium Edge

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Noticed about an hour or so ago my YouTube page went to white instead of the black theme I had turned on.

The settings on the right has changed and now cannot find the black theme option.
Very annoying.

When I tried to get the 'new style' of YouTube site, it states that 'the browser is not supported' yet says supposedly the original Edge, Firefox, Opera and Chrome are compatible.

Is YouTube up to their evil antics again disrespecting fair trade and discriminating or targeting Microsoft's New Chromium Edge again as they've been caught out doing already a previously?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm a bit confused by what you are doing. What are you doing to 'try to get the new style of youtube'?

If you mean their stupid new layout, yeah I got that (brave and chromium edge). Are you running an extension that alters the site? Because those frequently break when youtube changes things.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Can we have more information on this please? It may just be that, because Chromium Edge isn't finished, then it's not compatible with that specific YouTube feature. Edge Chromium has had issues with other Google apps and services too. If you use an extension in Edge Chromium to change the user agent to Google Chrome, does YouTube work properly?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
What the OP means is that the new design with the dark theme doesn't work and it reverts to the old design in Chromium Edge yet it worked perfectly fine before. Ironically the new version works in Edge and Firefox though 🤨

This is the exact reason why I keep Tamper Monkey installed 😉

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes @neo158 et al, sorry I wasn't being that clear.
I wasn't aware that I was using the 'new' design that had the dark theme within the menu of the settings cog, and was pushed back to the old design.

Live chats (chat window on the right), no longer work either in the old design using Chromium Edge (dev build).
Not sure what Tamper Monkey is. I do know Google is evil. :eck:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes @neo158 et al, sorry I wasn't being that clear.
I wasn't aware that I was using the 'new' design that had the dark theme within the menu of the settings cog, and was pushed back to the old design.

Live chats (chat window on the right), no longer work either in the old design using Chromium Edge (dev build).
Not sure what Tamper Monkey is. I do know Google is evil. :eck:

No problem, Tamper Monkey is for user scripts that can add functionality to and/or fix bugs on websites. I found a way around the issue by using, ironically, Google's own UA spoofer to make YouTube think it's opening in Chrome. Seems silly considering it's using Chromium as the base for it.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
No problem, Tamper Monkey is for user scripts that can add functionality to and/or fix bugs on websites. I found a way around the issue by using, ironically, Google's own UA spoofer to make YouTube think it's opening in Chrome. Seems silly considering it's using Chromium as the base for it.

Yes, you are right Neo. In Edge Chromium right now, for best results use a UA switcher and just change to Google Chrome for Windows (and update the user agent string) and everything will work.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
The other option is to use dlive, and bitchute as much as possible, ad blocking where ever possible, switch to duckduckgo, and vote with your feet.

I know youtube isn't something you can entirely ditch, really, but if a company treats you badly, you can take a stand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster