Zune and Windows 10

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried using the Zune software on the Windows 10 Technical Preview? Can anyone comment how well it works? Or how is the "Music" program featured in Windows 10 looking? Going forward, what's the best method to sync music to my Zune HD ?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
using the zune program is probably best. I don't think the Xbox stuff will play nice with the Zune HD or any other Zune.

I wouldn't expect any compatibility issues since its Windows, but might as well check somebody.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
To anyone reporting using Zune software on any computer running Windows 10 (only), or with Windows Phone 10, please provide a one-paragraph tutorial for the rest of us. Thank you.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
To anyone reporting using Zune software on any computer running Windows 10 (only), or with Windows Phone 10, please provide a one-paragraph tutorial for the rest of us. Thank you.

There really is no difference between running Zune on Windows 10 vs. any other operating system- now that I've had the time to play with it. After spending some time experimenting with OneDrive, I now have directed Zune to use the OneDrive music folder as my primary storage source. Have OneDrive sync with your storage capable (laptop or dedicated desktop) device and your music can then be accessible via OneDrive in the cloud and locally through Zune. It works great for me! If there are any remaining questions I'd be more than willing to help anyone try to configure their software.

I miss Zune. In my experience Zune's golden years were significantly superior to this fluctuating "Groove" entry. I've had nothing but headaches trying to use both Xbox Music and Groove.

itsmyhotsauce

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
There really is no difference between running Zune on Windows 10 vs. any other operating system- now that I've had the time to play with it. After spending some time experimenting with OneDrive, I now have directed Zune to use the OneDrive music folder as my primary storage source. Have OneDrive sync with your storage capable (laptop or dedicated desktop) device and your music can then be accessible via OneDrive in the cloud and locally through Zune. It works great for me! If there are any remaining questions I'd be more than willing to help anyone try to configure their software.

I miss Zune. In my experience Zune's golden years were significantly superior to this fluctuating "Groove" entry. I've had nothing but headaches trying to use both Xbox Music and Groove.

I wish I could say the same. My software seems to function perfectly apart from the "Can't Play" error I get when I boot up the software. I have no problem adding or removing music from my library, or my HD device, but i cannot seem to figure out how to fix my playback issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

zune_error.jpg

Obviously since Microsoft stupidly cut their support of their only successful media player I can't look up that error or as MS for support.

Thanks!

Princess Leia08

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I had Windows 7 Ultimate before the Windows 10 Upgrade. I didn't have a problem with my Zune devices that time. I have 2 of them. After the upgrade, my computer is not recognizing both of these devices. Since the computer is not recognizing them, the Zune software is not seeing them as well. Now I can't add more music and audiobooks on them. :unhappy:

Bilal Muhammad2

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
download Zune software (find online) then go to control panel ..devices and you will see no driver listed with a yellow symbol. Double click and then select find driver and locate folder labeled driver and install. Good luck

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could say the same. My software seems to function perfectly apart from the "Can't Play" error I get when I boot up the software. I have no problem adding or removing music from my library, or my HD device, but i cannot seem to figure out how to fix my playback issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

View attachment 113919

Obviously since Microsoft stupidly cut their support of their only successful media player I can't look up that error or as MS for support.

Thanks!

Does this error appear for any type of file you attempt to play?

itsmyhotsauce

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Does this error appear for any type of file you attempt to play?

It happens when i boot up the software, before i even have a chance to play any files. The software lets me click on songs and it looks as if it is playing, but doesn't. Sorry for the extremely slow response, I must have missed the notification that I had a reply.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I use the amazing ZUNE desktop software on my Surface Pro 2. There's nothing better. I wish Microsoft knew that and promoted this valuable asset.
If Microsoft made cars, we all would be doing without air conditioning and many other features we've become accustom to, because they decided to make a new model and didn't bother to include past features.

Best wishes for "all" the ZUNE (and Windows Media Center "Whole House") features in some "future" Microsoft products.

Last edited:

Bubba1yukon

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I too have the same problem, have been on the phone for hours with micro soft reloaded the soft ware, and still have the same problem. Have you found a solution,
please advise.

many, many thanks.

ken jones

Mod edit:
Personal e-mail address removed to secure user privacy

thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

snypler

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I made an account just to post what I did to get it to work. I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone, and you need two Zunes.

Connected my Zune HD (Didn't work; pissed)
Connected my 8GB Zune and my W10 PC recognized it.
Opened up Zune software
Disconnected 8GB
Connected Zune HD
PC and Zune software recognized my Zune HD.

I hope this helps some people!

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
It happens when i boot up the software, before i even have a chance to play any files. The software lets me click on songs and it looks as if it is playing, but doesn't. Sorry for the extremely slow response, I must have missed the notification that I had a reply.

I know this is an older post. But, maybe we can still help. I occasionally get issues similar to the one you posted when I am at work. It happens if I switch the speakers between my headset and the dedicated desktop units. I would confirm that your system is not incidentally playing the music back to an incompatible device. Sometimes on my home system Windows 10 will incorrectly detect my second monitor as an audio output (don't ask me why). Redirecting your audio control panel to use the intended speakers may allow your Zune software to function as intended. Right-click on the audio icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the Windows taskbar and select "Playback device" confirm that the selected devices are appropriate when using the Zune application.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb