Zune podcast help

PamelaBB

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
i'm new to windows phone 7. maybe i'm missing something but if i add a podcast to the zune/music/video player on the phone there is an option for series settings and i can choose to keep 1,3,5 etc. since there is no option for zero/manual, i always have to keep one podcast on my phone, if i delete it, it downloads again, is there a way that i don't have to keep one episode of a podcast on my phone all my time. i can't use another podcast app because i haven't found one that runs in the background that has been updated for mango, unless any of you know of one. thanks

heda_p

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Start Zune
connect phone
click on phone at "top middle"
click on settings at top right
click on sync options on left pane
click manual at podcast

other setting to handle no of podcast sync with folders...
click back
click collection
click settings on top right
click podcast on left pane
pick the option you like...

Now to disable auto sync
click on collection
click manage sync to disable auto folder sync

these 3 steps covers all zune have to offer, hope this helps...

i'm new to windows phone 7. maybe i'm missing something but if i add a podcast to the zune/music/video player on the phone there is an option for series settings and i can choose to keep 1,3,5 etc. since there is no option for zero/manual, i always have to keep one podcast on my phone, if i delete it, it downloads again, is there a way that i don't have to keep one episode of a podcast on my phone all my time. i can't use another podcast app because i haven't found one that runs in the background that has been updated for mango, unless any of you know of one. thanks

PamelaBB

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Start Zune
connect phone
click on phone at "top middle"
click on settings at top right
click on sync options on left pane
click manual at podcast

other setting to handle no of podcast sync with folders...
click back
click collection
click settings on top right
click podcast on left pane
pick the option you like...

Now to disable auto sync
click on collection
click manage sync to disable auto folder sync

these 3 steps covers all zune have to offer, hope this helps...
hello,
thank you for your quick reply. I'm sorry if i miswrote, i meant that i sync through the phone zune software not the zune software through the computer. will this affect my phone syncing if i follow your instructions. in otherwords, i go to the app market i will search for a podcast i like and subscribe, then they give me series settings, i choose one because that's the lowest i can go, then i save. i haven't used the zune software on the computer yet but if doing that changes the settings for the phone that would be great.

PamelaBB

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Found the app Feed Reader, and it took care of my podcast problem! great app and its on sale :) thanks everyone for the help!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett