At&t Pure screenshots and thoughts

shootthis

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
So I went to my local At&t store today and took about an hour to see what the Pure was all about. Hardware: The device is slim enough to slip in and out of a pocket. The four hardware buttons at the bottom do a good enough job allowing you to navigate around the phone. The screen is bright, sharp and just large enough to use with your finger. The touch pro 2 is much easier to use with you finger even though it is just .4 inches larger. Software: Touchflo 3d 2.1 works well and is fairly speedy. It is not as responsive as the cooked 6.5 roms found on XDA. Maybe it's all the At&t bloatware or maybe it's just the chefs really know what they are doing. I am going with the latter. If you are used to At&t stock roms, there is not a whole lot of new software. A few new games, Myphone, Marketplace, etc...
There are some nice new features to TF3d 2.1. Mostly, the way it makes information more contact centric. For example, if you choose a contact from your contacts list, you can also see all the texts, emails and phone calls you have done with that person. Except for the At&t tab containing carrier addons, it is pretty much a stock version of touch flo 3d 2.1. Overall: It's a OK phone for someone looking for a basic Windows phone. There is not really anything special or exciting about it. Touchflo works well, the phone is fast enough and the browser works well enough to get by. After having spent equal time with the Sprint Touch Pro 2, even forgetting about the Keyboard, the Touch Pro 2 is just leaps and bounds better in the user experience department. If you are looking for a keyboard less touch screen Windows Phone, unless you are easily impressed, you might want to keep looking. I have attached screenshots showing the build of 6.5 and touchflo 3d installed as well as other areas of the phone's software. I hope this helps.
View attachment 18363

View attachment 18364

View attachment 18365

View attachment 18366

View attachment 18367

Last edited:

waldo15

Apr 21, 2006
Visit site
Does it connect to ATT using 3G? For the original Tilt I remember you needed a special registry key change to enable HDSPA. Is that the case with the Pure also?

shootthis

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
I bought the Tilt 2. They both are running 6.5, so I would assume they are setup the same. here is what I have noticed with the Tilt 2. It says 3g when connected. When I open skype, which requires a 3g or wifi connection, it opens and says it's connected. With that being said, I think there may be some speed blocks built in because both ie and opera load slowly. When I did several speed tests with ie and opera outside in the Hollywood, CA. area, I was getting an average of 700kbits per second. This is with full 3g bars. I would get faster than that with my fuze running nrg roms. It's been 5 days with this stock rom and I am ready to flash. It seems too bogged down with bloatware or something to run at it's potential.

pinguino1

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
flashing

I bought the Tilt 2. They both are running 6.5, so I would assume they are setup the same. here is what I have noticed with the Tilt 2. It says 3g when connected. When I open skype, which requires a 3g or wifi connection, it opens and says it's connected. With that being said, I think there may be some speed blocks built in because both ie and opera load slowly. When I did several speed tests with ie and opera outside in the Hollywood, CA. area, I was getting an average of 700kbits per second. This is with full 3g bars. I would get faster than that with my fuze running nrg roms. It's been 5 days with this stock rom and I am ready to flash. It seems too bogged down with bloatware or something to run at it's potential.

Thanks for your post. I have a couple of questions.
When you flash it with an XDA ROM I assume AT&T stuff will be gone but what would happen to the apps. MS office, TF3D, etc. Are those included in the ROM, are regular installation or additional flashings? :confused:

shootthis

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your post. I have a couple of questions.
When you flash it with an XDA ROM I assume AT&T stuff will be gone but what would happen to the apps. MS office, TF3D, etc. Are those included in the ROM, are regular installation or additional flashings? :confused:
Most XDA roms contain all of the MS apps that the original ATT rom would have, plus many more apps not included in the original ATT rom. Basically, an XDA rom takes all the apps
you would probably not use anyway, all of the trialware, then they add usefull apps for tweeking and productivity and then they hotrod the rom for performance with great battery life. If there are ATT apps you would like to install after a custom rom flash, a simple google search will allow you to quickly find the cab install file and download it. That way you only have what you are going to use installed and taking up memory on your phone. I hope this helps.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Are the custom Roms phone specific?

Some are just read through the ROM thread they will tell you. The most important thing is to remember is not to mix up CDMA ROM's with GSM ROM's. If you get a ROM from XDA most are GSM but if you want CDMA go to PPCGeeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes