ICS problems with Sprint Touch Diamond

blinkyjesus

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm running XP, SP3; Windows Mobile 6.1. When i connect the data-plan-enabled Touch to my old laptop via USB and fire up Internet Connection Sharing on the phone, the PC sees it no problem and i'm able to browse the web with my phone providing access. When i try the same thing on a new laptop, it sees the phone and says i'm connected, however i can't browse anything. Looking at the connection status, it shows lots of packets being sent out when i open IE, but not more than 1, 2, 3, or 4 packets ever returned.

I'm getting an IP address from the phone as expected, just not able to do anything with it. The data plan works fine and i can browse the web directly from the phone. Both systems are running XP SP3 and are configured more or less identically. Bluetooth doesn't work either.

I've reset the phone and the new system multiple times to no avail. ActiveSync works fine.

ka5023

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I had a problem with ICS - turns out it was trying to dial out using the PAM profile instead of Sprint Network, and this was not related to the isext.dll, but a separate issue with ICS overwriting the default dial-out profile. I've been having to resort to deleting the "Phone as Modem" entry after every boot before I use ICS.

-- Starfox

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes