App question

tada1096

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a smart phone and I love the iPhone but it's not available where I live. What I love about it is all the apps. So I'm wondering if the touch pro 2 has lots of apps like the iPhone has. I'm just trying to figure out if this will be a fun phone or should I wait for something that has a app store.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
One of the best things about Windows Mobile is the availability of apps. Microsoft is going to release there version of an app store with the introduction of WM 6.5 but you don't even need it just click the software store link on this page and start getting apps. Plus there are many software developers around that make free apps available to us. You can get theme for free or if you like to help the developer some take donations. Search around a little I think you will find that the iPhone has a limited number of apps compared to WM. If that is your #1 selling point you need Widows Mobile or in the end you will get board with the iPhone.

ejonny

May 16, 2008
Visit site
It doesn't matter how many apps there are if the apps you like don't run properly. I love my iPhone, but can't stand that Pandora and RSSPlayer won't run in the background while web surfing or reading email.

That's what I love about my TP2. While I haven't found a good Pandora app yet (I think they are out there, but with a bunch of compromises), I LOVE KINOMA PLAY. It's almost the ultimate media player (which it would automatically download podcasts though).

I love moTweets (great Twitter client).

The Microsoft Facebook application runs well.

I like RSS hub.

And I use Handmark express.

I agree with Big D. There will be plenty more applications coming. I think eventually if MSFT is able to re-invigorate demand for the platform the developers will come back. I've heard its much easier to develop for the WinPhone platform than the iPhone platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes