More browser tabs for Opera...

kxs783kms#WP

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
So I've binged, youtubed and searched some more, but I've yet to understand exactly how to do this. One example said type OPERA:CONFIG in the opera bar, then go to user preferences and change it there,but I don't know where the Opera bar is. Another said go to Windows\Opera9\and there sould be an .ini file that would allow me to change it from 2, to the number I prefer. I did this on my phone, but once I clicked on Opera9, I couldn't find an .ini file. Could someone be so pleased to let me know what I am missing or doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

ejonny

May 16, 2008
Visit site
kxs -
The "opera bar" is where you put in the web address. For example where you'd see "http://www.sprint.com/powerdeck" etc.

Erase the http:// portion and just put "opera:config"

Scroll down to User Preferences.

click on it to expand it (might help to use stylus).

scroll down to maximum allow tabs and change it to what you want (start smaller and grow it as these will use more precious memory)

scroll down further and click save.

click ok

kxs783kms#WP

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
LOL........I don't know why, but I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to do this. This is my first winmo device, so I made it more complicated then what it was sounding. I thought is was a special place that you had to hack into...lmao! Again, I really appreciate the info. You've been thanked!

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
also while your in the opera config in the same area user prefs scroll down farther and select turbo mode loads pages way faster but when your done dont forget to scroll all the way to the botom of the page and save and then soft reset your phone:D

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
if i get a chance later ill post some good links to mod your phone but im at work now and i am limited to what i can do on the net you need to turn off the push internet opition and there is a reg hack that will put opera in the task manager so you can shut it off it runs all day in the backgroung killing your batt it sucks but will get you hooked up try www.ppcgeeks.com and look in the tp2 tricks,tips hacks and mod tread or xda developers tread to awesome places for mods.

kxs783kms#WP

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey Bryonp....I found the Turbo Mode. I checked, saved and soft reset the device. When I went back to the config section to check and see if it saved, it was unchecked. Is there something I have to do extra to get it to stick?

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
i think you have to do the hack first i was telling you about were you get the push internet to shut off as well as the the opera.9exe deleted if you search those forums i posted you will see a cab file for the push internet shut off right on xda home page and then the setting will stick just go to xda and on there home page scroll down and there is a big post on it as well as the reg edits you need to do and it will aslo save you alot of memory i think like 10mb and thats alot your phone will feel way better not slugish ;)

ps. youll have to sign up for those other forums but there free and then you'll get the software you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi