Extended Battery

tester24

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
So I got the extended battery from Verizon 2100mA and I have to say what a difference. After moderate to heavy use with the backlight being on medium high brightness, and using it to download apps, weather, and surfing the web all day it has only gone down 2 bars from the power indicator in settings. Which is incredible because that would practicly drain the original battery right down.

The phone is a little more bulky but I am kind of used to that with my original LV "V" phone. I also think it is more comfortable to hold because I have larger hands and it seems like my fingers are less cramped. It wieghs a wee bit more but not real noticable.

One thing that I do notice is that it's bulk is shown when I put it on my sidebelt or my pocket. It's about the size of trifold wallet in your front pocket so big pockets are a must.

Will write more as I test its battery life.

tester24

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Alright, these photos aren't the best (I'll try to take better ones with more light) actually they were taken with my dads TP2. Hope this works never posted pictures in a forum before lol.

sidetoside.jpg
[/IMG]
Batterys.jpg
[/IMG]

tester24

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
And there you have it, not too much bigger but like I said it's well worth it. Oh small note that I didn't pick up on. The blue plastic film that is on the lense cover for the extended battery case is on both the outside and inside of it... Didn't notice until my dad mentioned it when taking these pictures :)

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
that's nice. I looked for an extended battery on ebay and found one that was 3500mah but the cover for it wasn't uniform so you would have a lump on one side. that way above is much better.
Plan B ended up buying a second battery and a docking station so I will just bring the extra battery along when I come to work.

tester24

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
extensive testing

Alright so with extensive testing you can get about 2.5 days of medium to heavy use out of the phone and for light use you can probably make it to 3.5 days before a charge.

Now that's with running a few tweaks like getting rid of the push internet. And a few other tweaks. When idle I used about 54% ram. Not sure if this would have a huge effect on battery life.

clitrenta

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I was thnking of getting a TP2 but was concerned about battery life. So long as I have a solution to the issue, I'm good. The extra bulk/weight doesn't particularly concern me. I'd rather deal with that than trying to scale back how I use the device. Great thread.

tester24

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Got to love Bounty, as for it working on sprint, It should, i mean honestly they are all built the same just have minor differences.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClareceKeard