VZW ROM Upgrade MR2 (new as of 6/10)

mixman

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
It's been 48 hours and things are running well with the "cooked" version. I'm very happy with it. The Chef (Mr. X) did a great job. This takes the best of the VZW MR2 update and adds things like the HTC Task Manager back in (it's stripped out of the upgrade for some reason) as well as WiFi Router. Sweet. Granted, CABs are available for such features too.

mixman

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
I think the biggest improvement is having Sense 2.5 I really like the way things are layed out now. Gone is the lame calendar on the home screen and in it's place are shortcuts that can be fully customized (programs, contacts, etc.). The People application is much nicer now. I'll try and post some screen captures to better explain.

mixman

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
Here are some screen captures from Mr. X's (over at MightyROM.com) VZW MR2 tweeked ROM. I would imagine the stock MR2 is somewhat similar (except that the HTC Task Menu is missing for one thing).

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

mixman

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
Maxman can you try some of the tweaks in this thread:

http://forums.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=176001

They should work on the new Verizon 2.5 Sense but I don't have one to test. If they work I can change the thread title to add Verizon so people will know they work.

Tested:

Manila 2.5 No Top Curtains - Works
NoWeatherAnimations - Works
OMJ_Stop_ClockFlip - Works
16 Quick Links - Works but messes up VZW carrier text. It moves the "Verizon Wireless" text from the left to the right and places it on top of the Verizon graphical logo. However, I love the CAB and will search for a way to get rid of the carrier text or logo in order to use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes