1. dvdmon's Avatar
    Ok, everything seems to work well with my new TP, I only have one issue. I set up Activesync to sync with my Sherweb hosted exchange account. It sees it and syncs the calendar entries and email, then gets to my contacts and only syncs about 100 of my 350, after which it gives says "There is not enough free memory on your device to synchronize information. Close programs that are running to free up memory or restart the device. Support code: 0x8007000E. Been looking online for a solution but all the references are just people posting the question without finding a solution that works. I wonder if this has something to do with my exchange host, but I nevery had this problem with my Treo 800w...
    11-22-2008 10:00 PM
  2. HobbesIsReal#WP's Avatar
    Try this...open ActivSync, go to Options>Rules. Then, on Desktop dropdown, change it to Always replace the item on my device. Let it sync (item should resolve). Then change it back to Leave the item unresolved.
    11-22-2008 11:42 PM
  3. dvdmon's Avatar
    Try this...open ActivSync, go to Options>Rules. Then, on Desktop dropdown, change it to Always replace the item on my device. Let it sync (item should resolve). Then change it back to Leave the item unresolved.
    But I'm not trying to sync with my desktop at all, just with my Exchange server over Sprint's network.
    11-23-2008 01:51 AM
  4. dvdmon's Avatar
    Ok, well, I tried doing something I should have a long time ago. I just moved the contact that it had stopped on to a different contacts folder and it went way past the number it normally did, then stopped on another, moved that and repeated. Turns out three of my contacts had issues. The thing is that these contacts never seemed to sync on my 700wx or 800w, but they never halted the whole process. I'm going to try to add them back manually, and hopefully that will work...

    In the mean time, though, their seems to be another issue. I installed the software on the CD and plugged the sync cable into the computer. I was able to sync with my desktop once and got my comptuer to recognize the Touch Pro, but after doing this a couple of times it's now stopped. I hear the default Windows Vista sound when I plug the device in, but otherwise nothing happens on the computer. The TP however, pops up the Connecting to USB message box, says users is Authenticated, then closes. Activesync then gives me the message "To synchronize the device you must install ActiveSync 4.5 or newer on your desktop computer." Vista of course doesn't do use Activesync, but Mobile Device Center. Something is screwed up somewhere but I'm not sure how to remedy it. Has anyone else run into this problem or am I the only unlucky one?
    11-23-2008 03:03 AM
  5. dvdmon's Avatar
    Forgot to mention that I've tried this with both Enable advanced network functionality on and off. I've also tried switching to Disk Drive mode and that actually does work and pops up a prompt to open a drive letter for the device. It's just Activesync that isn't working...
    11-23-2008 03:10 AM
  6. dvdmon's Avatar
    Well, finally rebooted my computer and now it synchs, go figure!
    11-23-2008 04:26 AM
  7. bubbatex's Avatar
    To add - when I moved to Vista, I could not get my Q9c WM 6.0 version to work well. I upgraded to 6.1 and it worked once, then it would not work again. I deleted the relationship and then re-sync'ed via Bluetooth instead of a cable - works everytime now. Seems I read somewhere that BT works better on Vista than a cable does - at least sometimes. Just in case you run into a problem again, try BT.
    11-23-2008 01:09 PM
  8. PGR's Avatar
    Corrupted contacts can be a problem. I experienced a similar problem syncing my Mogul with Outlook 2007 via Windows Mobile Device Center in Vista Ultimate.

    I labored over the problem for days before I noticed that the sync stopped in the same place each time. I deleted the bad contact and the next sync worked perfectly, and it's been working fine ever since.

    I'll be damned if I can find a problem with the contact, though. It works fine on my desktop and my laptop computers and it syncs fine from my laptop to my Mogul. It also synced fine from my old desktop computer (an XP x86 machine) to my Mogul, but if I put that contact back into the contacts in my new desktop computer (Vista Ultimate x64), it will stop the sync.

    I even hand-typed the contact from scratch and it does the same thing. I think it might contain an illegal text and/or number string which Windows Mobile Device Center doesn't like.

    Thankfully, I can live without the contact. I gave that problem as much space in my head as it's going to get.

    Pete
    11-27-2008 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD