When I set up my GMail accounts I am not given a choice between POP3 and IMAP4 due to the automatic settings within WinMob 6.1. Is there anyway to ensure I am using IMAP4 with my GMail account?
    08-17-2008 10:03 PM
    Yeah, do not set it up using the Gmail template. Set it up as generic and you will be able to set it up.
    08-18-2008 02:03 AM
    I'm not getting an option to use any template, Gmail or generic. It just asks me for my email address and password and when I filll them in, it automatically finds settings for gmail and fills them in, leaving me no option to choose imap.

I did manage to go in and edit the pop sserver to imap, so we'll see if that changes anything
    08-25-2008 05:57 PM
    So what I found out is that if you put in a bogus email address at first (i.e. g@g) and it will ask if you want to automatically find the settings. just uncheck the 'auto find' setting and GMail IMAP can be set up. It is absolutely amazing what I find when I RTFM;-)

Thanks for all the replies.
    08-28-2008 10:40 PM
    If you uncheck the automatically find settings, you shouldn't need to enter anything ("g@g")
    07-15-2009 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD