HTC not AMOLED?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
im just wondering why HTC is not making AMOLED screens , i remember them talking about having the tech and i think they evan released 1 phone with it , why THE **** did they switch to a less beautiful SLED? :(

only reason i dont have a HTC wp7.

PS: why do i have 3/10 starts? what does that evan mean? LOL

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the star system, as for HTC not using amoled I assume its because of them going for cost effectiveness now rather than innovation.

Last edited:

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I was wondering what you meant, but I think you meant to type "cost effectiveness." I was thinking, "wait, do they use some special screen coating somewhere that doesn't work with AMOLED?" xD

I wish they'd release different versions of the same device if it's a cost thing they're worried about. Like, they could have 8, 16, and 32 GB models and LCD/SLCD and AMOLED models (which would be a total of 6). Or, if the microSD thing is ever figured out, they could just release the two screen versions and the microSD cards could be sold separately. I would've paid extra for the AMOLED version, I think.

Also, I think the star rating has to do with post count (i.e., the more posts you make, the higher your stars). Other forums use titles instead, like "newbie > regular poster > master poster" or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes