So signs point to no Nokia for US this year?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
My info is pretty damn up to date. So up to date that I even got to play with Belle on an N8.

Michael.

It's all speculation. My primary phone is a Nokia N8. I also keep up on the latest news from Nokia. I've seen Belle in action and I could flash Belle on my N8. The latest rumor is that Belle roll out is starting October 26 Nokia Tweet: Symbian Belle Update Coming October 26th , Confirms Nokia Which seems pretty silly to me since Anna isn't completely rolled out yet...but it's all speculation.

Also, I do plan on getting a Nokia WP7 phone, but I'll end up buying it from Europe so I get an unbranded, unlocked phone with pentaband support.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
It's all speculation. My primary phone is a Nokia N8. I also keep up on the latest news from Nokia. I've seen Belle in action and I could flash Belle on my N8. The latest rumor is that Belle roll out is starting October 26 Nokia Tweet: Symbian Belle Update Coming October 26th , Confirms Nokia Which seems pretty silly to me since Anna isn't completely rolled out yet...but it's all speculation.

Also, I do plan on getting a Nokia WP7 phone, but I'll end up buying it from Europe so I get an unbranded, unlocked phone with pentaband support.

So all the nokia wp wil have pentaband?

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

If you believe my info is speculatory, then I will happily stop sharing.

Michael.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately, Nokia is moving out of open market phones in North America.

I will say this, Sabre does not offer significant improvement over the current AT&T WP7 line up so there is no point in adding it to AT&T. It stands a better chance in T-Mobile's slim WP7 lineup.

Michael.

I know, thats the main reason I am disappointed pentaband is unlikely to be a feature of Nokia phones, as Qualcomm doesnt support it. Importing would have given me the choice of model I wanted but with T-Mo compatibility. Not inclined to get anything carrier related at all.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Looks like everyone will be buying a iPhone 4S or Samsung Galaxy SII for Christmas, leaving WP7 out in the cold. I have to say that Nokia is severely disappointing me.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
^ Nokia have said from day 1 of the announcement that they would launch most of their Windows phones in 2012, but that they might be able to launch one in 2011. I don't get what you are "severely disappointed" about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism