ok.. So who is fed up of the PAID nokia knocking?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Windows used to be awful. But since XP, it's been decent, and since 7, it's been outstanding.
Vista was pretty bad prior to SP1.

People talking about "blue screens on Windows Phones" are as ignorant as people talking about "Type 11 errors on iPhones." It's propaganda.
Definitely. I still think it's the name "Windows." Microsoft was smart to not use the Windows name in the Xbox.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about you guys but I use forums to mainly vent about what I don't like. I figure if enough do ish will get changed. I feel sorry for those that think of an electronic device like it's their first born.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about you guys but I use forums to mainly vent about what I don't like. I figure if enough do ish will get changed. I feel sorry for those that think of an electronic device like it's their first born.

I find dedicated forums to be a sanctuary for enthusiasts to talk about how much they enjoy using their devices.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Forums should be open for free discussion. For one thing, free discussion allows you to take the pulse of the community. Too much "rah rah" creates an echo chamber that deceives participants about the state of the real world.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Forums should be open for free discussion. For one thing, free discussion allows you to take the pulse of the community. Too much "rah rah" creates an echo chamber that deceives participants about the state of the real world.

I agree. And repetitive comments from the same individuals about how this platform isn't this or that and doesn't do anything for them, it kind of kills the morale

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I've always been more NPR than FOX News. If a little inconvenient truth "hurts morale," better to discuss what is to be done about the bad situation rather than be the Baghdad Bobs of tech. (Remember, Microsoft and Bob have never been a successful product combination). :D

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I find dedicated forums to be a sanctuary for enthusiasts to talk about how much they enjoy using their devices.

Except let's be honest, if it was all people standing around holding hands and be nice to each others, I bet the Page views would half and activity would be way down - not great for selling advertising.

However if we were to go down that road, mobile nations really needs a forum which is platform agnostic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I've always been more NPR than FOX News. If a little inconvenient truth "hurts morale," better to discuss what is to be done about the bad situation rather than be the Baghdad Bobs of tech. (Remember, Microsoft and Bob have never been a successful product combination). :D

What are you talking about? Bob was a stellar product that wasn't given a chance.:D

Yeah. Actually the more I'm reading about other offerings, the more encouraged I am about WP8's future. Nokia is my choice right now, but I'm really digging on the offerings of HTC and Samsung. Great products - it feels like they're taking WP8 seriously, instead of just digging into the bin and saying "this will be good enough I guess."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon