10-16-2012 11:13 PM
107 ... 345
tools
    The worst part is that the manufacturers dont even seem to realize this. Why cant every HTC or samsung or Nokia have the USB in the same spot? Then they could at least put out their own line of accessories. They would be able to sell them quite well I think too.
    But like I said a few posts ago... it seems that for WP8 they are all in the same spot! Microsoft has not officially come out and said that is a requirement, but so far it seems like it might be.
    10-15-2012 04:48 PM
    But like I said a few posts ago... it seems that for WP8 they are all in the same spot! Microsoft has not officially come out and said that is a requirement, but so far it seems like it might be.
    Well, the leaked Huawei Ascend W1 doesn't have it on the right spot.
    10-15-2012 09:40 PM
    Yes but it needs to remain in the same spot for quite some time if they expect anyone to start making stuff for the devices. Good part is, even androids could work if they put the USB in the same spot. With iAccessories their products will ONLY work with apples. Well not anymore, now they will only work with new apples. Unless apple makes a backward adapter as well as the forward adapter. So people with 4s phones can get the adapter needed to plug their phone into the new accessories.
    10-16-2012 12:34 PM
    Yeah, good points. Though the more I think of it... this is another great reason for wireless charging. Along with NFC, you could end up seeing accessories that work with WP and Android for example... Huge market potential.
    10-16-2012 01:56 PM
    Any reason why having the charging port bellow is better than on the top? Other than docking.
    10-16-2012 02:03 PM
    Any reason why having the charging port bellow is better than on the top? Other than docking.
    Some people like it at the top, for example, if they are in their car and they have their phone in a cup holder. If the plug is on the top, the phone sits in the cup holder right-side-up. Only thing I can think of...
    10-16-2012 02:08 PM
    It's just for docking. In fact, without that, I will rather have the port on the top.
    10-16-2012 11:13 PM
107 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD