What will make you switch from Nokia?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't think I'd ever switch from Nokia because of the app exclusivity. I may get other non-Nokia WP devices, but that would be for s&gs, not as my primary WP device.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's ugly. I just need to see more from HTC in terms of build quality. I've known people who had issues with hardware build quality on HTC Android devices, so I need to know HTC's QA has improved.

It hasn't. They always look pretty. Only ones I haven't tried is the WP8 devices from them. I've tried Android and all the WP devices prior to WP8... Same stuff, different look!

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it does, but some might think it feels cheap, as do I. Hard to admit, but the iPhone 5 uses great materials on both black and white. Great design too.

I agree. Too bad the amazing design is behind a case since it's so fragile. I have an iPhone 5 btw and using a case suck since it's so beautiful but I need to take extra care for it since aluminum bends and scratches much more than plastic. I can't wait to get my hands on the 920. I hope the person buying my phone wouldn't back out tho.

StreetNerd

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the Lumia 920 last week... and im trying to sell it (since u cant return it once u used it here in the Netherlands) wanna try the new BB Q10 :')

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
In my experience (albeit limited) and reading through the forums Nokia isn't really any better than HTC in making quality problem free phones. Nokia makes the Windows Phone with the best camera (but only sells it on AT&T in the US) and has their exclusive apps plus good support for their phones. When it's time to upgrade again I will look at Nokia as well as HTC, but if the situation on Verizon is like it is now with the 8X and the 822 I will be getting an HTC again.

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site
an iphone with a 4.5in screen, i was looking at my wifes I5 last night and thought to myself $hit, this screen size doesnt cut it anymore

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I was a loyal Motorola user for years because of build quality and design, even when they switched to Android. I stuck through Android, hoping one day they'd switch back to Windows. Then Google bought them out. As soon as that happened, I jumped ship and got me an HTC Surround, then Samsung Focus, Nokia 900, and now finally 920. Looking back, I did not like my experiences with either HTC or Samsung. Since Googlerola will never make a Windows Phone, I'm sticking with Nokia.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The surface phone with a kickstand, amazing camera, nice display (higher ppi/1080p would be nice), gorilla glass 3, ability to add a keyboard, game pad, etc to it, quad core processor, 4.5-4.8 inch screen, and more.

Who's with me?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Nokia because they are actively interested in their products. What other WP manufacturer has come with a phone AND an EcoSystem? There are a bunch of add ons, head sets, speakers, etc that pair with the Nokia line. Nokia Drive notwithstanding. It would take someone to at least match what Nokia is doing and show a commitment to the platform IMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon