What is there in store for upcoming high end WP devices?

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would first like to say that I haven't kept up with the latest Microsoft news. Right now I have a Z10 which I love but I do have an upgrade in August. I was planning on using that upgrade on the BlackBerry A10 which is coming out later this year but the specs aren't very impressive. Why would I waste my upgrade on a phone that really isn't better or different from what I already own?

Windows Phone is the only OS that I have never tried (but it has appealed to me for a while now) and I haven't really been serious about it until recently. What does Microsoft and Nokia have in store for later this year? I have heard that WP8.1 won't be out until early 2014 so will the next high end phones also be delayed until then? Thanks in advance!

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I think they are saying GDR3 will include 1080p support and perhaps quad core support so around the end of the year I suspect a new flagship from Nokia. GDR2 will soon be heading to all phones and that with Nokia's Amber update is adding some nice features. Hardware wise as far as specs like screen res, CPU etc I don't expect to see those until later this year.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think they are saying GDR3 will include 1080p support and perhaps quad core support so around the end of the year I suspect a new flagship from Nokia. GDR2 will soon be heading to all phones and that with Nokia's Amber update is adding some nice features. Hardware wise as far as specs like screen res, CPU etc I don't expect to see those until later this year.

I would be excited for quad core as there haven't been any quad core Windows Phones (at least from my knowledge). I have also heard that Nokia is working on a phablet. I didn't expect any new phones very recently either. I also expected later this year along with the releases of the iPhone 5s and BlackBerry A10

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I there will be without a doubt a lot of High end WP from Nokia, HTC, Samsung, and the Chinese OEMs Huawei, Lenovo and Oppo. I'm personally excited what Samsung, HTC and Nokia have in store :)

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think we will see the normal flagship wave from the WP manufacturers towards the end of this year with GDR3. Every rumors and leaks are pointing that GDR3 is geared towards phablets with quad core, 1080p screen and extra tile column. Rumors are also pointing to Nokia phablet.

Time will tell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon