The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-06-2015 12:46 AM
44 12
tools
    Android will probably *never* become a true PC replacement, they can go 128-bit architecture if they so please. People are deluding themselves if they think a primarily-mobile OS can be used for serious productivity (i.e. producing content).

And Sony won't make a Windows Phone simply because of Xbox. If MS makes Xbox optional for WP (which will likely be never), they just might. Which is sad since Sony makes some excellent phones. An Xperia Z3 with WP would be a dream.
    snowmutt, Guytronic and RJ Priest like this.
    03-05-2015 10:48 AM
    I have had 2 Sony phones in the household. My son owned the Sony Xperia Play with the PlayStation style slide out game pad, and the Xperia TL I think, the last Sony AT&T carried. I found them to be solidly built, well performing phones with the best call quality I have had since walking away from the BlackBerry Curve. I would borrow my Sons Play to make phone calls. It was truly that good.

Their customer service was excellent. The back plate got cracked on the TL, and they sent us one free of charge no questions asked. They were responsive and fun.

But Sony is losing money in all their areas. From Sony movie franchises (see what they did to Spider-Man) , to their communication branch for enterprise, to cell phones, to electronics and audio gear. Even the PlayStation- easily their most dependable money maker- is suffering due to Mobile's dominance for gaming these days,

As many posters have pointed out: Windows just ain't a sure thing for anyone except Microsoft's Lumia line. If it changes with Windows 10 and Sony thinks it can turn a profit they will be knocking Redmonds door down.

Put me in the column as someone who would happily give a Sony Windows for phone a shot.
    03-05-2015 02:33 PM
    Oh! great now we have Sony haters thread.

Funny WP fans hate lots of thing specially who somehow have positive relation with Google that iis why is see thread like "what happen to world" or something.LOL!

Anyway continue with your bashing.
    03-05-2015 04:27 PM
    I like Sony (the multimedia products) and if MS fails to deliver, I might just switch. But that said, it's highly unlikely
    03-05-2015 04:33 PM
    With Sonys continued poor build quality, poor customer service & constant design faults who cares about Sony smart phones. Sony Z series have had screen & back glass cracking issues which has continued with Z1, Z2 & the Z3. The water resistance isn't any good on them either.
    Poor build quality?
    My Z3C has fallen 4 times and doesn't have a dent or scratch. It still runs as smoothly as on day one, doesn't overheat and I haven't had any hardware problems with it.
    Do you know how many times my Microsoft Mobile build 930 has been replaced? 3 times. Why? Hardware defects in every single one of them. And that one never even fell as I barely use it at all. Not to mention one of the times Microsoft Mobile took a month to replace a phone.

Water resistance isn't any good? Funny. My Z3C begs to disagree with you, once again.

As quite a loyal Sony customer in the past, what makes me sad about this isn't that they won't support Windows Phone, it is the sheer negativity of Sony management. How can they hope to turn a profit when they're not even prepared to try?
    Let's be honest...WHICH OEM has ever made money out of WP? Not even Microsoft makes money out of Windows Phone. Samsung never did, HTC never did, Huawei most certainly didn't (and they vocally said it) and Nokia was almost ruined by it.
    OEMs haven't been sleeping. They noticed Microsoft's own lack of commitment to WP. That's why they won't be wasting time and money try to make WP happen when Microsoft itself isn't really concerned with that.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-05-2015 05:56 PM
    With Sonys continued poor build quality, poor customer service & constant design faults who cares about Sony smart phones. Sony Z series have had screen & back glass cracking issues which has continued with Z1, Z2 & the Z3. The water resistance isn't any good on them either.

Sony build quality is top notch
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-05-2015 05:57 PM
    Oh! great now we have Sony haters thread.

Funny WP fans hate lots of thing specially who somehow have positive relation with Google that iis why is see thread like "what happen to world" or something.LOL!

Anyway continue with your bashing.
    One poster with a negative opinion of Sony does not constitute a hater's thread. Lighten up.
    03-05-2015 06:42 PM
    Said as a reason not to produce MSFT devices:
    "Android is becoming a PC replacement. Just look at the Office apps."
    ...that was worth many rofls.
    03-05-2015 06:44 PM
    Said as a reason not to produce MSFT devices:

...that was worth many rofls.
    Wrong, LMFAOs.
    03-05-2015 08:00 PM
    A picture speaks a thousand words and below is a picture that really does that.

sony-stats.jpg
    Source : Verge
    Jazmac likes this.
    03-05-2015 09:17 PM
    "Android is becoming a PC replacement. Just look at the Office apps."

jesse-what.jpg
    03-05-2015 10:26 PM
    OP, post of a link to this you've posted. Somehow, my senses are tingling.
    03-05-2015 10:31 PM
    Sneeden also praises the 64-bit architecture of Android Lollipop, the latest version of Android. Therefore, the system can handle much heavier tasks. "Android is becoming a PC replacement. Just look at the Office apps."
    I agree. Brb replacing my Windows 95 PC with an Xperia tablet now
    sinime likes this.
    03-05-2015 10:39 PM
    i agree. Brb replacing my windows 95 pc with an xperia tablet now
    rotfl
    03-05-2015 11:01 PM
    I agree. Brb replacing my Windows 95 PC with an Xperia tablet now
    I haven't even got Windows 10 and you got Windows 95.
    You are way ahead in future.dude
    I don't think you will be alive to replace them.
    03-05-2015 11:50 PM
    A picture speaks a thousand words and below is a picture that really does that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sony stats.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	99056
    Source : Verge
    If Sony ever make Windows phone then those black colour will also turn red.

Source: Common Sense

May be you guys don't know but MS have built Sony repellent in Windows called XBox
    03-05-2015 11:55 PM
    Honestly... Sony isn't in a situation where is can take to many chances.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-06-2015 12:07 AM
    Honestly... Sony isn't in a situation where is can take to many chances.
    Honestly you guys still having problem in understanding simple concept.
    Let me make simple for you.
    Sony producing Windows is same as MS producing Android(with Google services in it) phones.
    MS forcing manufacturer to use MS services(like XBox) in Windows.

Releasing WP is not guarantee to make mobile or tablet division profitable but it is a guarantee for gaming console(PS) division to make loss.
    Sony may have very liitle choice but Windows definitely not an answer not until Xbox inbuilt in Windows.
    and They know better than any MS fans bashing about Sony.
    Last edited by D M C; 03-06-2015 at 12:24 AM.
    03-06-2015 12:12 AM
    It looks like this thread has run its course.
    Guytronic, N_LaRUE and ajayden like this.
    03-06-2015 12:46 AM
44 12