Calling All Cerulean Knights to Battle

jay_max

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
The math is arguably not accurate, because few if any are going to buy a device that doesn't work correctly on either Verizon's or T-Mobile's network. Microsoft made the same mistake with the 950/950xl and sales suffered as a result.

As to T-Mobile, which customer is going to buy a device that won't allow you to make calls (especially to 911) on large portions of the carrier's network. In that context the potential customer base is 73 million x zero.

I truly want to them to succeed, but they're making some fatal mistakes right out of the gate. Google can make an unlocked phone that doesn't have these issues, why can't these guys?

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
The math is arguably not accurate, because few if any are going to buy a device that doesn't work correctly on either Verizon's or T-Mobile's network. Microsoft made the same mistake with the 950/950xl and sales suffered as a result.

As to T-Mobile, which customer is going to buy a device that won't allow you to make calls (especially to 911) on large portions of the carrier's network. In that context the potential customer base is 73 million x zero.

I truly want to them to succeed, but they're making some fatal mistakes right out of the gate. Google can make an unlocked phone that doesn't have these issues, why can't these guys?

Google vs. a startup.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The math is arguably not accurate...

Since the phone isn't aimed at converting Android or iOS users to switch, but is only targeting those already using Windows for Mobile...

Instead of saying they alienated 140 million on one hand and 73 million on the other I was just trying to put it back into perspective.

:angel:

Adam Skoog

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I would have bought one in a heartbeat, but being I'm stuck on Verizon with no other good alternative that will work in the places I travel. I am stuck. I'll just sit here and continue on with my M8 that just got the creators update on it. When it dies, I'll probably be stuck getting an Android..... It's a bummer, but whatever the rift is between VZW and Microsoft, it kind of seems like it helped kill the platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2