VZW SKU Elite X3 wifi certified?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Check out this Sku for this Elite X3 back on the 30th. Is it for VZW?

I think it might be. It is certified with CDMA frequencies and removal of band 17 here.

If it is not then could be some other variant I suppose...but there is a reference in the model change under a reference data doc where they opened up CDMA and band 13 for that model name. The number listed is actually a new FCCID (B94HHF606V).

Certification ID: WFA72122
Date of Last Certification: 2017-05-30
Brand: HP Inc.
Product: HP Elite x3
Model Number: HSTNH-F606V
Product Identifier(s): SKU: VZW, SKU: VZW
Category: Smartphone, multi-mode (Wi-Fi and other)
Hardware Version: 1.0
Firmware Version: 0000.0000.0029.0175
Operating System: Windows 10
Frequency Band(s): 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz

vzwsku_Elitex3.JPG

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I think initially there were plans for HP to hit VZ so I was not completely surprised to read into this. Yet if confirmed soon this is excellent news for certain VZ WP users.

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
It looks pretty positive. As long as the spec sheet is not fake, it is hopefully just a matter of time until this becomes available. I sure hope it is soon.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It looks pretty positive. As long as the spec sheet is not fake, it is hopefully just a matter of time until this becomes available. I sure hope it is soon.
This model for Verizon will only be sold by Verizon as confirmed by my inquiry and answer from HP. So if any answers on a date can be confirmed VZW would be the ones to ask.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I was on the fence about jumping ship to Android more so for hardware than software (I'm on ATIV SE running W10M which is literally a Galaxy S4.) If this is true and is going to drop sometime soon, I will buy it the first day it's available in a heartbeat.

Sadly, as most people already know, Verizon is excruciatingly slow with rolling out any new phone. Any new info or guesstimate as to when this could be released?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I was on the fence about jumping ship to Android more so for hardware than software (I'm on ATIV SE running W10M which is literally a Galaxy S4.) If this is true and is going to drop sometime soon, I will buy it the first day it's available in a heartbeat.

Sadly, as most people already know, Verizon is excruciatingly slow with rolling out any new phone. Any new info or guesstimate as to when this could be released?
I submitted this info to WC back in May/early June hoping to get more clarity. But they have not posted anything from their perspective. All I can say is it is wi-fi/fcc certified in May and in the FCC documents are disclosure dates set out to November of this year. But that means little considering the HP quick specs document is already updated with the VZ model number info.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I submitted this info to WC back in May/early June hoping to get more clarity. But they have not posted anything from their perspective. All I can say is it is wi-fi/fcc certified in May and in the FCC documents are disclosure dates set out to November of this year. But that means little considering the HP quick specs document is already updated with the VZ model number info.

November? Ugh, I wouldn't be surprised if it was rolled out in November or December as part of a new Holiday phone lineup. Meanwhile, it will technically be a 1.5 year old device by then. Typical Verizon. Better than nothing for us W10M users I guess. Would be nice if they could release it next month sometime, which would be about a year later than the original X3. But that could be asking too much from big red, haha.

jmthomas1987

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
i have to wonder what it will list for? I went from a ATIV SE with Win10 to a LG V20 and have hated every day with it.

The phone itself is fine. Good construction, solid build, good camera. It is the blasted Lagdroid OS that I just hate every morning I look at it.

If the X3 comes to VZW, I just may jump to the Edge program, and pay off this V20 early to get the X3.

Yes, I know it is a gamble with MS going to Windows 10 on ARM, but I am almost to the point of desperation. Now if this X3 is an updated unit with say a SD835 and eligible for upgrade to Windows 10 on ARM, then it is a no-brainer.

Can we hope?

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
From what I know it will be identical hardware just cdma enabled and Verizon certified.

Sent from mTalk

Nate W, if you could please keep us posted as soon as you hear even a smidgen of info on potential release date, it would be truly appreciated! Thanks again!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Nate W, if you could please keep us posted as soon as you hear even a smidgen of info on potential release date, it would be truly appreciated! Thanks again!
I'll do what I can, but I only hear what I find or have found around the web so far. As stated above I did inquire of hp support asking about the model for Verizon and they know only that VZW will carry it in their store. I'm not a VZ customer anymore so only someone within VZ could fill someone in on dates. Maybe someone else viewing this thread can ask a friend of a friend and help us all out just the same too.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll do what I can, but I only hear what I find or have found around the web so far. As stated above I did inquire of hp support asking about the model for Verizon and they know only that VZW will carry it in their store. I'm not a VZ customer anymore so only someone within VZ could fill someone in on dates. Maybe someone else viewing this thread can ask a friend of a friend and help us all out just the same too.

I am an existing Verizon customer and our company has 6 x Lumia 929 ICONS and will gladly look out for anything.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
From what I know it will be identical hardware just cdma enabled and Verizon certified.

Sent from mTalk

At MWC in early March, HP "was showing behind a glass case" a newer/modified version and other threads "have speculated" a QC 835 but not much since then.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
A view from the inside...

If anyone needs any further rumor-mongering, I haven't seen the Lumia 735 stocked for a week or so. Now they don't tell us call center reps about something before it's released unless they plan on taking pre-orders (and in that case, you'll probably hear it elsewhere first). But with rumors of a new phone on the horizon this seems like good timing.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
A view from the inside...

If anyone needs any further rumor-mongering, I haven't seen the Lumia 735 stocked for a week or so. Now they don't tell us call center reps about something before it's released unless they plan on taking pre-orders (and in that case, you'll probably hear it elsewhere first). But with rumors of a new phone on the horizon this seems like good timing.

More hopeful news for VZ windows phone enthusiasts.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes