WP8.1 Update 1, Firmware?

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi
If i upgrade to Preview GDR 1 (8.1), i will have to wait for theappropriate firmware again, right? I dont want my 620 without official firmware again, its too buggy.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, we understood, but I also fear that Update1 won't have a Firmware bundled with it because it came out too fast, Update2 is planned for November, which is also preety God damn soon. OEMs don't have time to make a Firmware.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, we understood, but I also fear that Update1 won't have a Firmware bundled with it because it came out too fast, Update2 is planned for November, which is also preety God damn soon. OEMs don't have time to make a Firmware.

And they've barely started dishing out the current new firmware.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok so maybe I just install it. But first I enjoy my official cyan update for 620, sooner or later :)
Sent from my RM-846_eu_euro2_357 using Tapatalk

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, we understood, but I also fear that Update1 won't have a Firmware bundled with it because it came out too fast,.

So why is there a preview? I understand it for 8.1 because it was a huge step, so developers can learn...but for a "small" update?
I just want to make sure I can enjoy my phone again. It os really awful with preview, and I'm looking forward to enjoy the official update.
But if there is no firmware bundled with the update 1, it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe I ask on twitter

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I have tweeted Joe Belfiore on Twitter asking him if WP 8.1 Update 1 will run fine on Cyan or will require a new firmware down the line. Lets see if he replies back.

Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
So why is there a preview? I understand it for 8.1 because it was a huge step, so developers can learn...but for a "small" update?
I just want to make sure I can enjoy my phone again. It os really awful with preview, and I'm looking forward to enjoy the official update.
But if there is no firmware bundled with the update 1, it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe I ask on twitter

That actually makes a lot of sense. I don't know. I hope they do release something, cuz I love updates.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
yes, i love updates too :) I just dont wanna mess up my phone again...well i said this three times now. So thank you for your answers!

Lance_WPCentral please let me know if joe ansers ok?

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on Lumia Black! So if I don't get the Cyan update within the next week do you guys recommend me to try out the Update 1?

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a few problems with the preview...phone is very slow. I think its because of missing cyan.
That's why I'm afraid installing another preview after I get cyan...

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
WP 8.1 was a major upgrade changing phone functionality while update 1 is mostly just a bunch of fixes for the OS with a few minor added features. It's similar to GDR3 for WP 8; we all installed the developer preview and nobody really had any stability issues, despite not having Lumia Black. And like others have said, it doesn't appear likely that there will be a firmware update associated with update 1 anyway. It's simply a way of getting the update in advance before the carriers finish their approval process.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Some users who installed 8.1 Preview with Amber were stuck with Amber even when Black was released for their phone... (maybe because Black expected 8.0 GDR3?) People with Black might not get Cyan when it arrives if they have GDR1. Installing 8.1.1 Preview might be risky with Black.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It seems a lot of you are perpetually 'waiting for an update'. Like the next update is going to radically change how WP looks and behaves. They won't. These are small updates with small features....
Cyan is the latest firmware. Next one will probably be with Threshold/WP9.

Stop waiting and just use and enjoy your phone.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon