IE not as slick as before

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the revamped IE, while it now shows more sites better, is a bit more flaky?

E.g. On pressing back, a page was left unrendered. On scrolling down it drew the text area in.

Also it stalls more as the page layout is updated and things appear to move around more. A few times I've pressed something to end up somewhere else as the page hadn't finished the layout and where I clicked was replaced with something else.

Not sure the gains so far outweigh the negatives. Perhaps others have had the opposite feeling where a site that never worked now does?

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I use the mobile site for my bank( since WP doesn't have the app) since update 1 I can't access my bank account ! It was fine before the update.. Hopefully an update is coming

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the revamped IE, while it now shows more sites better, is a bit more flaky?

E.g. On pressing back, a page was left unrendered. On scrolling down it drew the text area in.

Also it stalls more as the page layout is updated and things appear to move around more. A few times I've pressed something to end up somewhere else as the page hadn't finished the layout and where I clicked was replaced with something else.

Not sure the gains so far outweigh the negatives. Perhaps others have had the opposite feeling where a site that never worked now does?

Agree. Since the update some sites are broken. Hopefully this is a quick fix soon.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I dont think i've experienced IE slick on a WP device. Many sites render horribly on IE and fidgety when trying to scroll. No different with 8.1 update.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I dont think i've experienced IE slick on a WP device. Many sites render horribly on IE and fidgety when trying to scroll. No different with 8.1 update.

I always compared IE on WP to other browsers on other OS'S. But since the update I have to admit this is the worst.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This is bad just because the user-agent string identifies us now as safari users on iOS 7 and Android.
Actually it just reports being like webkit not actually being Safari. Still reports Windows Phone etc. Look at any user-agent viewing website.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
An example is CNN.com in mobile view. As you browse the site I often scroll the stories to read them as the page appears. Often the scroll is now taken as a touch navigation to the article where I start the scroll.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Actually it just reports being like webkit not actually being Safari. Still reports Windows Phone etc. Look at any user-agent viewing website.

This is what it reports itself. Basicly it does not tell (yet) that it's an iPhone, but every site detects it as an iPhone.
Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile; Windows Phone 8.1; Android 4.0; ARM; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0; IEMobile/11.0; NOKIA; Lumia 1520) like iPhone OS 7_0_3 Mac OS Apple WebKit/537 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Mobile Safari/537

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
IE is very buggy now. It still has the gestures enabled with no option to turn it off. So if you swipe more than a hair width, it brings you back or forwards. Desktop mode doesn't work on half the sites, it shows mobile now all the time (youtube, etc). And in general it stutters and lags now when using.

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes IE is slower after the update, scrolling is much worse on heavy sites. No fun. Scrolling in generally is pretty bad on WP these days, even on the Lumia 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon