Lumia 1020 problems with wi-fi and tethering.

Theri0n

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have Lumia 1020 with Update 1 installed over the Cyan.

There are some problems with Wi-Fi and tethering. The phone connects to Wi-Fi, but drops connection after approximately half and hour and never reconnects. There is no way to connect manually, but reboot. Reboot is also problematical as it is necessary to force shut down, because phone stacks with "goodbye" message.

wp_ss_20140813_0001.jpg

Another problem happens when I try to initiate tethering. It never starts.

Has anyone encountered such a problem and have any idea how to fix it?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 1020 with Update 1 installed over the Cyan.

There are some problems with Wi-Fi and tethering. The phone connects to Wi-Fi, but drops connection after approximately half and hour and never reconnects. There is no way to connect manually, but reboot. Reboot is also problematical as it is necessary to force shut down, because phone stacks with "goodbye" message.

View attachment 76429

Another problem happens when I try to initiate tethering. It never starts.

Has anyone encountered such a problem and have any idea how to fix it?

Had this in the initial release of WP8.1 DP, but then after an update or two it seemed to fix itself. Strange that it happens with the Cyan firmware....I was using tethering today on my 1020 (Update 1, with Black firmware) and it worked flawlessly.

barthezz36

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I've got same problem. My phone keeps rebooting when wifi and bluetooth are enabled together . Problem started after Cyan update. Hope that Nokia will fix that. I can't use my treasure tag... It's global problem many kinds of Lumias got it. Before update on 8.0 was perfectly ok.

Theri0n

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have switched Bluetooth off and everything seems OK for now. I'm enjoying British Cortana with weather in Celsius.

redtidal

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem, particularly with the AC (5GHz), but not with GN (2.4 GHz).

Before Cyan update, I can get full bars around my apartment (only 800 SqFt). After Cyan, I got 2 bar in bed room, and consistent drop if I walk into bathroom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon