Nokia Lumia 920, trying to get GDR1 through preview for developers

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Another member on here (in another forum) said I would be able to push GDR1 to my 920 using Preview for Developers.

1. I installed the app, accepted all the terms, warnings, etc and signed into my MS account.
2. App states "To download the preview, you must be registered as a WP developer." I tapped "Learn more"
3. The page it takes me to informs me I can register one of 3 ways, I chose Option 3 (free!) "dev unlock your phone" using the Windows Phone Developer Registration Tool, part of WP SDK
4. Installed that software and got the message that my device was successfully unlocked
5. Connected my phone to WP Developer Advanced tool and it said I needed to update my phone, it downloaded and installed an update, but I still seem to be sitting on Cyan
6. WP SDK asked me to register as a developer (basically just re-enter my MS account info)
7. I still seem to be sitting on Cyan. I restarted the phone a couple of times. Manually checked for update. When I run preview for developers, it still asks me for my MS account info each time and then states "To download the preview, you must be registered as a WP developer." I tapped "Learn more"

Any clues? Is this just flat out not available for those of us unwilling to pay the $19 developer registration charge?

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Update 1 installed successfully. I was missing that last step of registering online. As I said earlier: I had trouble because I was using FF instead of IE/edge. I also assumed (incorrectly) that because I had registered in about 5 other places, I was 'good to go.' I uninstalled the SDK package after registering my phone, that 13 GB install seemed like quite a waste of space!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3