DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
So two things. First is Halo, or fps in general. Do you think they'll come to Hololens? And second, everyone I talk to about this keeps thinking it's another oculus rift or a rip off of project morpheus. I tell them it's not because it blends the digital and virtual world into one unlike the others(or at least oculus rift)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The fact that you can see through the lenses is the very reason why I highly doubt you'll ever see any serious games for this device. More like the casual games we got for Kinect.

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
The fact that you can see through the lenses is the very reason why I highly doubt you'll ever see any serious games for this device. More like the casual games we got for Kinect.

Alright, you don't think like any of those augmented reality games will ever come to it?

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I have to disagree. If they could sync this device with what's being played on screen with your Xbox One or PC I see all kinds of potential for driving/flight simulators, RPGs and Survival Horror.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to disagree. If they could sync this device with what's being played on screen with your Xbox One or PC I see all kinds of potential for driving/flight simulators, RPGs and Survival Horror.

The issue I'm seeing there is that the device will no doubt lack the processing power required to determine all objects in a room which would have to be recognized in order to have NPCs not run through them. There's little doubt we'll see casual games for it, but nothing serious.
Just consider the adoption the Kinect has experience. Little to none.

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
The issue I'm seeing there is that the device will no doubt lack the processing power required to determine all objects in a room which would have to be recognized in order to have NPCs not run through them. There's little doubt we'll see casual games for it, but nothing serious.
Just consider the adoption the Kinect has experience. Little to none.

Well couldn't they just say to get into a spacious area? And at the rate technology has been advancing, and the money Microsoft has to put into this, don't you think perhaps a few years down the road, like 2020's maybe earlier, that they could get a decent computer around your head?

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If it can be done in a way like the Occulus then im guessing battery life would disappear in 30 min as everything is in the headset. This is like the first PC with Paint released, its wet out appetite and will only get better with time. Will be interesting to see where its at when its launched.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well couldn't they just say to get into a spacious area? And at the rate technology has been advancing, and the money Microsoft has to put into this, don't you think perhaps a few years down the road, like 2020's maybe earlier, that they could get a decent computer around your head?

Most definitely, yes. But consider what the device is made for. It has lenses you can see through, which just isn't the right setting for serious games. I could imagine though that they eventually make a device meant for gaming based on the experiences they made with hololens. Maybe a gadget to be used with the Xbox One.

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Most definitely, yes. But consider what the device is made for. It has lenses you can see through, which just isn't the right setting for serious games. I could imagine though that they eventually make a device meant for gaming based on the experiences they made with hololens. Maybe a gadget to be used with the Xbox One.

Alright cool. So do you think game designers would use this maybe?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

A dedicated gaming device that is just connected to a console or computer? Far more likely than a standalone - from a gaming point of view rather limited - device like the Hololens. Like I said, the Kinect had a lot of potential, yet game studios completely ignored it.

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
A dedicated gaming device that is just connected to a console or computer? Far more likely than a standalone - from a gaming point of view rather limited - device like the Hololens. Like I said, the Kinect had a lot of potential, yet game studios completely ignored it.
Cool. Ya, hopefully this will get some recognition, which it most likely will I believe.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I think you're underestimating this devices potential for serious gaming but we can just agree to disagree.

Rellik66

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

Actually, that's a neat idea, Level designers could build game levels directly in the level, character designers could sculpt characters like the motorcycle demo, and all team members could be collaborating on the game design together while standing in the game.

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Actually, that's a neat idea, Level designers could build game levels directly in the level, character designers could sculpt characters like the motorcycle demo, and all team members could be collaborating on the game design together while standing in the game.

Ya that's what I was going for lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers