Hololens , not quite new,but quite old

1titon

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Hololens is only new to young children & those who eather cant remember or are uninformed . Virtual reality & related devices & ideas have been out for over 20 years! Hololens is just a new version with an updated device, a dorky uncomfortable visor they named hololens. You must wear the visor , but that means that youre not seeing a true hologram. True hologram technology exists and a true hologram is visible by the naked eye in 3d . True hologram technology is still being kept secret by the military. This hololens cant compare with true holographic technology . Im actually surprised that microsoft is introducing this as new, untethered ,& holographic because its none of these. If its untethered then you wouldn't need to wear the uncomfortable visor,& I already explained how its not new & not true holographic technology.

Last edited:

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hololense , not quite new,but quite old

You might want to put some faith into a search engine and link to anything that backs up your claims.

Although holography has been the darling of science fiction, it is still pretty limited and still currently needs a medium for projecting, such as the Hololens' refraction screen or a tank of easily excitable gas. While standalone holograms do exist, they are still currently limited to points of white lights, with no variance in color or any significant resolution. Below is currently among the most advanced holographic technology that meets what seems to be your definition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=EndNwMBEiVU&v=GNoOiXkXmYQ.

Last edited:

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hololense , not quite new,but quite old

You just created an account yesterday, and both your posts are baseless attacks against Hololens.

I think we know what's going on here.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's always interesting to see random people on the internet claiming to know about supposedly completely secret military technology.

Especially if you actually pay attention to how military technology is currently working. That fancy new fighter jet is an example.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Richard Servello

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
You couldn't be more wrong. Sure the concept has been around since star trek, vr has been around a while and crappy at has been around on phones... But NOTHING like hololens has ever existed in reality... Only in sci fi.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You couldn't be more wrong. Sure the concept has been around since star trek, vr has been around a while and crappy at has been around on phones... But NOTHING like hololens has ever existed in reality... Only in sci fi.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

psst... I think he's gone. The grubberment probably picked up his negative brainwaves and nabbed him.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
... That's the most conspiracy laden post I've ever read. Haha

I'd like to know what the military needs holograms for. Lol

I cannot think of any rational reason where cheaper off-the-shelf technology will not suffice. This level of competency is up there with keeping lizard people a myth. if it were true, I would've gotten at least a whiff from the information curating websites I frequent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon