Welcome to the new and improved WC VR/AR forums!

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm krisguy, and I have been the Ambassador for VRHeads forums since day one. Now with the change in focus, our team is going to spread our wings and talk about VR/AR stuff in Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore!

I'm starting this thread so people that are into VR/AR have a chance to put their name out there! Please say hi!

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Kris! Rich C here or PKcable as I'm commonly known. I'm the Q&A Team Leader, also a VRHeads Ambassador and Moderator. And NOW I'm a VR Expert. In particular I know Google Daydream View and GearVR. I will probably also be getting an Oculus Go once it's released! Feel free to reach out to me folks, via PM or social media where I'm almost always pkcable.

Cale Hunt

WC Staff Writer
Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I've been using my HP WMR headset quite a bit lately, but there have been some guides for Rift (to do with Core 2.0) that I've been working on. What about you?

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
Since I am living in Utah while my family is still in Nebraska until June... My gaming rig and Vive are in boxes waiting to be moved.

When I get the Vive out, you, me, Russell, and Jez.... Bridge crew?

cprice27

Mar 26, 2018
Visit site
Clarissa here. I've been using the Oculus Rift exclusively and it has been pretty amazing so far. I've used a friend's up to this point, but eventually want one of my own. I just have to save up for a powerful enough PC and then the headset itself.

Cale Hunt

WC Staff Writer
Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Since I am living in Utah while my family is still in Nebraska until June... My gaming rig and Vive are in boxes waiting to be moved.

When I get the Vive out, you, me, Russell, and Jez.... Bridge crew?

Sounds good. What's your opinion on the Vive Pro?

richiegore

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there any talk of the VIVE pro supporting inside out tracking with its dual camera as a fallback, convenience option?

EDIT: seems like its not really suited to it. Mostly designed to make sure you don't bump into things better than with the original VIVE.

Last edited:

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I amigo André from Portugal and I own a HTC Vive since was launched. Looking forward for suggestions on AAA VR games worth buying Cheers.

Belle_Celeste

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone! :grin:

My name's Anna, and I'm a bit late to the party in regards to jumping on the VR train. I've been indecisive over which VR headset to invest in for a while, so I'm hoping talking with you guys around these forums and gathering opinions will help me make a more informed decision over which one is the best.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone! :grin:

My name's Anna, and I'm a bit late to the party in regards to jumping on the VR train. I've been indecisive over which VR headset to invest in for a while, so I'm hoping talking with you guys around these forums and gathering opinions will help me make a more informed decision over which one is the best.

HTC Vive is a steal at 499, IF you have the horse power on your PC. Another decent choice is the Oculus Go at 200. It's all self contained and does not require a PC or phone. Amazing picture quality, and great for VR Experiences, both in created video content AND live events, every day you can go to several events in VR in the Oculus Go! Right now a World Cup game is being shown and later today an MLB game. There will be several concerts/music venue events tonight!

Sorenrv

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site
I just want to say Hi to everyone. I am a relatively unexperienced gamer but as an experiment I have purchased the Samsung VR Headset and controllers and I am enjoying this whole new, and at times dizzying, experience. I am in the process of completing the opening chapter of Fallout 4 VR and it is a bit slow progress but fun! So far Windows and the Samsung headset and controllers work impressively well.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm still thinking that AR/VR section became unnecessary fragmented. But then I'm just following, no headset or capable PC yet ������

You might want to consider the Oculus Go, which is a standalone headset that works pretty well. You only need a phone 1 time to set it up, and iOS or Android will work. It costs about 200 US. Well worth it, just for Oculus Venues, Endless Riff, and Altspace alone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon