Windows 10 Impressions?

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't like it. Period. I actually prefer 8.1. Now I know that the 10 preview is FAR from finished, however I couldn't escape feeling like MS is trying too hard to be all things to everyone. The merging of desktop & metro just did nothing for me. Go figure.

moislopez

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Y did you not ask where or what happened to Windows 6 or 5, 4, 3, 2 etc. Windows 10 is just a name: take it like that and stop asking what happened to 9. Was there supposed to be a 9 or must they follow a certain order in naming their OS

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
So far my only issue is that this dang forum randomly refreshes pages every time I try to type a post.

I had this great "adventures in beta testing" post for you guys, but it kept getting refreshed away. Ah well. This is all you get. ;)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So far my only issue is that this dang forum randomly refreshes pages every time I try to type a post.

I had this great "adventures in beta testing" post for you guys, but it kept getting refreshed away. Ah well. This is all you get. ;)
Does it happen when you type 'r'? Maybe your CTRL key is stuck. It happens.

enough2000

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I kinda like it. However the touch support is still way behind Windows 8.1, just try to shut down your computer now when running in tablet mode or show all apps - the start menu experience is fullscreen but that's about it.

For mouse & keyboard people it's actually much better in many respects.

UI wise there are good and bad things.

BUT: what I really love is the fact that MS has opened up a channel to their customer base.

tazmo8448

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't care for it. Way too many keystrokes to access something simple like the C:\drive don't know why they couldn't just show Computer in the list instead of having to hunt for the thing. It to me is not enough like W7 and more like W8 navigational wise. Plus I own a PC not a smartphone or tablet and don't give one hoot about apps or any of that mess.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
...... Way too many keystrokes to access something simple like the C:\drive don't know why they couldn't just show Computer in the list instead of having to hunt for the thing.

Really? Too many keystrokes? It's two clicks to the C drive if you have it set up without any modifications. You can also make a shortcut to the C drive and it would be one click.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Dang....I really liked this 10586.29 build...

And then I dropped my Icon and it went squish! D:

Figures. They finally get Bluetooth sorted and I was all cheery and happy yesterday. It was working so perfectly with my band. Ah well, gives me an excuse to get a VoLTE phone.

Which brings me to....how well does VoLTE work on windows 10? I haven't had a chance to mess with this yet.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
My Experience with Windows 10 Mobile Preview

Keep in mind, I am aware that we are getting preview versions for our phones. I just thought that after so many version, the issue I am going to point out that has remained consistent, would be ironed out.

The performance of each version is GREAT when first installed. Notice I say when 'first' installed. After about two weeks of use, features start to stop working, opening folders takes three seconds for the icons within to appear, camera locks up/crashes device, messaging stops responding, etc. At this point a reboot will get the phone to work great again for about 5-10 minutes, then right back to the issues. Eventually a new version is pushed out to us, and it will run great again for a couple of weeks, then the issues show right back up.

Whatever is causing this, I would have hoped they had fixed by now since it is hands down the biggest issue. This is occurring on my 1520 through all the possible mentioned install tactics (hard reset, don't hard reset, factory recovery, etc). Anyone else kind of see the same issue/pattern as I do?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Experience with Windows 10 Mobile Preview

The Fast/Slow releases are true Insider builds - these will have a lot of debug and telemetry in them and over time that likely slows things down. Along with bugs etc.

If you want stability the Production branch or Release Preview are best. But thank you for all your testing :)

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Experience with Windows 10 Mobile Preview

Did you read anything I posted? I get it is for testing. Issue is, the Release Preview isn't much more stable. And what is the point of handing the same buggy updates down to slow ring, a week later? Instead of fixing said issues and moving the fixes to slow ring to test the fixes, they hand you the same buggy update that fast ring users have been complaining about for two weeks. But thanks for your input :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon