Windows 10 TP and Bootcamp partition

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I am thinking about installing Windows 10 on my Bootcamp partition on my iMac. But before doing it, I would like to know a couple of things...

-Is there any incompatibility between Windows 10 and a Bootcamp partition? Do all the mac drivers work properly?
-Is the latest build steady enough to do basic stuff such as browsing the web, watching videos and playing some games (Assassin's creed, Resident Evil... etc)?
-Did anybody have any trouble when they installed W10 over their existing 8.1 without doing a clean install? I'm afraid I would have problems to use my 8.1 license key again if I needed to format the partition.

Thank you very much! :D

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I have installed Windows 10 Technical Preview 10074 on my Macbook with bootcamp. Below are my observations :

-Is there any incompatibility between Windows 10 and a Bootcamp partition? Do all the mac drivers work properly?
All the drivers worked properly. Infact, I am posting this message from my macbook on W10 TP.

-Is the latest build steady enough to do basic stuff such as browsing the web, watching videos and playing some games (Assassin's creed, Resident Evil... etc)?
Build 10074 is steady. Browsing is better on Microsoft Edge and I have watched videos from youtube. I play "Need for speed" on my macbook, just for testing purposes. Had some slight delays in graphics when I tested NFS, but that might be due to me using a Macbook 13".

-Did anybody have any trouble when they installed W10 over their existing 8.1 without doing a clean install? I'm afraid I would have problems to use my 8.1 license key again if I needed to format the partition.
No trouble installing from Win 7 and Win 8.1 but then a clean install is a safe bet. For pre release software, only if you do a clean install, it helps to eliminate lot of issues that might be caused due to existing settings or OS state.
For the Win 8.1 key, if you are upgrading, Microsoft should know that you have upgraded from Win 8.1 (with the already registered key). However, if you want to be safe, then just save the Win 8.1 key somewhere, so that you can produce it when you need any support from Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234