TP to RTM upgrade process

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Has there been any speculation as to the TP to RTM upgrade path?

Do insiders get the RTM build? As the Insider's program is permanent I guess they'd want the testing and metrics on the build and it's updates still as it's a final testing phase now for Windows.

Will there be a TP to RTM upgrade path allowed or will it be a clean install/upgrade from previous windows versions?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
MS already confirmed that IP will get the RTM version. A few other of my thoughts on the topic are described here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...s-10-windows-insider-preview.html#post3110825

They did state that but then later stated it still required a valid upgradeable license. So in a way it's no different than non Insider upgrades.

I'm wondering what will happen as I did a clean OS install from the iso as the upgrade process for my Win 8.1 install failed. Since it's tracked in the store I suppose it could be associated somehow?

But then do we even know if TPs will allow a direct upgrade? Past updates from beta programs never allowed that. But if we are following a smart phone model it should.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
As i described in my linked post. I believe that IP version will get the RTM version but its still a IP version with all its pros and cons (valid only for a decent amount of time). If people want to to have a full valid licence they need to upgrade from their device or install a non IP RTM ISO after validating their legal key.

This is my personal opinion i don't know if it happens this way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon