Xbox App - Game Streaming broken in 10537

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Good morning all!

I wanted to share that I had to roll back to build 10532 due to a show-stopping bug with the Xbox App on build 10537. That bug is this: When you're streaming anything from the Xbox One to Windows 10 build 10537, the "B" button will cause the Xbox App to close the stream and return to Windows. The problem seems to be due to the Xbox App not properly/correctly isolating all Xbox One controller functions to the Streaming session.

When I rolled back to 10532, the original/expected functionality was restored. For those who might wonder: Yes, I did provide feedback regarding this bug prior to rolling back. :)

I just wanted to post this to the forums here at Windows Central on the off chance that someone else might have this problem and find this thread.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Im having the same problem.
Any idea?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
I'm pretty sure that the issue is related to the updated Xbox One controller drivers for Windows 10 build 10537. When I rolled back to 10532, the issue went away (Xbox App was at the same version in both builds).

A warning for those who follow: Rolling back to build 10532 DID NOT go well for me. This process broke my Start Menu and the Windows Store for me. I am currently reinstalling Windows 10 RTM onto my PC. I was prepared for this possibility and am therefore not upset about having to do this. I was probably overdue for a rebuild anyway. :)

jhildy73

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm still having issues on the original build of windows 10 for my laptop..The controller lag way far behind the Xbox one screen yet there is not lag on the actual xboxone to laptop connection,just the controller.Then everytime I want to play Xbox one on my flat screen I have to re sync my controller to my Xbox one ..it's very agitating.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having issues on the original build of windows 10 for my laptop..The controller lag way far behind the Xbox one screen yet there is not lag on the actual xboxone to laptop connection,just the controller.Then everytime I want to play Xbox one on my flat screen I have to re sync my controller to my Xbox one ..it's very agitating.
That's rather strange. How do you know that only the controller lags on the Xbox One from your laptop? How do you interact with your Xbox One from your laptop without the controller? Generically-speaking, that does sound like a network connectivity issue. If your laptop is connected via Wifi, what Wifi device (or router) is the laptop connecting to?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon