PC Preview build 14291 all (UWP) windows universal app stopped working and more bugs, HELP!

MeawMnj

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi, am having major problems after the 14291 update:unhappysweat:, after 1-2 hours of using my PC all universal apps stop working, they just launch to a solid color splash screen and nothing happens, at the same time start menu need 4-5 sec to open and action center about 20-30 sec, this also happen if i try to start rise of the tomb raider which after the update stopped working at all ( tried to reinstall a couple of times but didn't help ), the only way to fix it is to restart the PC, which also dose not work, i just get the restarting animation forever then i have to restart manually, another problem that started after the update that every time i try to search from the file explorer it crashes and restarts ( i had to install a 3rd party app to work around this ), is any body having the same problems and do you know any fixes, i could not find any thing on google , and thanks in advance, i'll include an attachment showing the 1st issue.

Untitled-1.jpg

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Try the newer build it was just released today.

Although I can't install new apps from store. Others have no issues. If you still have the issue after installing I would go to reset your pc.

Settings > Updates & Security > Recovery > Reset. Keep files but wipe apps and such out.

MeawMnj

May 31, 2014
Visit site
thx for the response, i installed the new build and it didn't help, i was hoping i could find an easy way out, am saving the reset option as last resort because it too much work reinstalling all the programs i have now, but maybe its the only solution.

MeawMnj

May 31, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: ok so I did the reset and reinstalled everything and its working fine now:smile: , tomb raider still downloading so maybe ill test it out tomorrow, I think my windows got supper buggy over time because I never did a clean install or a reset since the first ever windows 10 build.

marcox92

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Since I install 14291 build Internet explorer and Edge always when a page in not fully load and when at same time I scroll Mouse !
Impossible to use both as I never know when a page is fully loaded when adverts are continuously coming

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes