WIndows 10 Preview 14328 is awesome..?

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to say, this is starting to pull together really well on my end. SP3 i3 and 950XL both running the 14328 and the ink as well as the messaging integration is awesome. Wondering if anyone had any real problems with it? Tweaks?

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to say, this is starting to pull together really well on my end. SP3 i3 and 950XL both running the 14328 and the ink as well as the messaging integration is awesome. Wondering if anyone had any real problems with it? Tweaks?

Well... for some of us Alcatel users, we have a big issue with the battery. 6 hours of minimal usage, in my case, drains the phone from 100%-20%. So I had to revert.

On Windows 10, I'm loving Redstone 14328. The badges, new start menu, etc. are making me more of a user of the universal apps. What can I say? It's all very fluid. No problems as of yet. XPS 8700 i7 4790k

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I only have battery issues on my SP3 and minor other issues, mostly crashing apps or in case of Groove Music, not launching of apps. But the battery issue is pretty annoying on a mobile device. Either "Shell Infrastructure Host" or "Speech Runtime Executable" have between 20 and 35% CPU usage. So the cooler is on all the time, which is pretty loud and lowers the use time of the SP3 from around 5 or 6 hours to only 1 to 2 hours.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Well... for some of us Alcatel users, we have a big issue with the battery. 6 hours of minimal usage, in my case, drains the phone from 100%-20%. So I had to revert.

On Windows 10, I'm loving Redstone 14328. The badges, new start menu, etc. are making me more of a user of the universal apps. What can I say? It's all very fluid. No problems as of yet. XPS 8700 i7 4790k

It was a great update for both mobile and Desktop. Mobile has become very stable and haven't experienced any real bugs. Desktop the look is finally coming together and definitely going in the right direction. My only issue is netflix app will blip while watching and sound will get out of sync. For now using browser to get around it.

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Yeah the thing to remember is the quality pattern of each test build is going to pattern like a washboard, in some builds the majority of supported hardware will have no problems while the next one or the one over that is far less reliable. I'm glad 14328 is pulling together, though.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
It was a great update for both mobile and Desktop. Mobile has become very stable and haven't experienced any real bugs. Desktop the look is finally coming together and definitely going in the right direction. My only issue is netflix app will blip while watching and sound will get out of sync. For now using browser to get around it.

The regular features work great, just the battery drain. They even managed to fix that bug with Edge where when you'd open it, it would crash while loading the previously loaded tab. The biggest miss will be the camera.

In comparison for the battery, I've had my phone unplugged since 6AM this morning, it's 3:18PM here 72% on the 10586.211 build. Again, light email, some texting, and music playback when driving to and from work.

I'll be back on the fast ring builds after 14328 though. 14327 was another battery drainer.

Now the biggest feature I miss.... the camera. It worked wonderfully in 14328. The pictures were crisp, and the Alcatel has a mediocre 8MP camera, that, even with build 10586.63 (the original build), the pictures weren't as great as the quality added in 14328. Not sure what version of the camera, but I have yet to get an update for that app =/.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The regular features work great, just the battery drain. They even managed to fix that bug with Edge where when you'd open it, it would crash while loading the previously loaded tab. The biggest miss will be the camera.

In comparison for the battery, I've had my phone unplugged since 6AM this morning, it's 3:18PM here 72% on the 10586.211 build. Again, light email, some texting, and music playback when driving to and from work.

I'll be back on the fast ring builds after 14328 though. 14327 was another battery drainer.

Now the biggest feature I miss.... the camera. It worked wonderfully in 14328. The pictures were crisp, and the Alcatel has a mediocre 8MP camera, that, even with build 10586.63 (the original build), the pictures weren't as great as the quality added in 14328. Not sure what version of the camera, but I have yet to get an update for that app =/.

I would go to .218 production it improved quite a lot over .211. I'm on the lumia 950xl on the latest redstone and battery is actually really good. So my guess is that optimization for Alcatel is not priority for the redstone branch at this point in time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes