Preview build 14342 is one unstable build

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've done plenty of these builds but this one has build in SUCK goin' on. Every single day, this OS reboots just out of the blue. I leave my computer up when I leave for work and when I return, its been through yet another reset. Its consistent as I've ever seen. I don't know if this is being addressed in the next build but its not a stable build.

Anyone know of a particular kb that might be causing these random restarts?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've done plenty of these builds but this one has build in SUCK goin' on. Every single day, this OS reboots just out of the blue. I leave my computer up when I leave for work and when I return, its been through yet another reset. Its consistent as I've ever seen. I don't know if this is being addressed in the next build but its not a stable build.

Anyone know of a particular kb that might be causing these random restarts?

A new update came out today, try that and check

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Seems whatever what was causing it has gone away. I didn't change anything or uninstall anything but no reboots. Since I don't shut down, I suspect Microsoft caught it and fixed the issue.

I still have a problem with the image viewer. If I open an image I want to use at a desktop image, a right click drops the menu to place as background but it errors. Maybe its something not yet working?

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
There was a recent point release. Since that this has been the most stable build on my Surface 3 and has dramatically improved the battery life too.

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
The update definitely helped, but it is still hanging on the blue start screen some. Not as bad as it was though.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes