Not getting insider builds.

panos_mir

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have a desktop PC and a laptop. On my laptop I have installed the latest insiders build and I wanted to also install it on my desktop PC. The problem is that I have choose Fast ring but I don't receive any builds. Right now I on Production build (.420)

I have tried the following.

1) Delete the files from SoftwareDistribution folder
2) Reset Windows Update from Troubleshooter
3) Change to Slow ring and the to Fast ring again
4) I have downloaded the Insiders ISO from MS Website and then install it from setup.exe. My problem with this method is that I couldn't choose "Keep files and apps" it was grey.

I don't want to reinstall all my apps. So...

Any solutions?

Thank you.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have a desktop PC and a laptop. On my laptop I have installed the latest insiders build and I wanted to also install it on my desktop PC. The problem is that I have choose Fast ring but I don't receive any builds. Right now I on Production build (.420)

I have tried the following.

1) Delete the files from SoftwareDistribution folder
2) Reset Windows Update from Troubleshooter
3) Change to Slow ring and the to Fast ring again
4) I have downloaded the Insiders ISO from MS Website and then install it from setup.exe. My problem with this method is that I couldn't choose "Keep files and apps" it was grey.

I don't want to reinstall all my apps. So...

Any solutions?

Thank you.

when you selected the insider rings, how long did you allow it to check for updates? It can take a day or two for the system to detect the ring selected

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Everything is fine. If I find ant workaround I will post it here.

Sent from mTalk

Same issue here, after seeing the excellent review of desktop windows anniversary edition, I wanted it now. But as above, although it's set on fast ring now, nothing coming yet. Hopefully it'll sort itself out soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander