What to expect from windows 10 for phone.

Rishicash

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the best thing MS could do is to allocate a large amount of their advertising and marketing budget to provide great financial incentives for retailers, especially salespeople, to sell their phone products.

kpulak

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I think MS should provide these following features in WP10:
1. USB On the Go (Otg) support.
2. HDMI port support.
3. File explorer should be able to access files, which are present in the native apps.

These features are desperately needed in Windows phone.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
2. HDMI port support.
3. File explorer should be able to access files, which are present in the native apps.

+10000000
hope they come to older devices

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
2. HDMI port support.

Bolded #3 - be careful what you wish for, you might get Android.
Right now, Windows Phone is reasonably secure - break out of the sandbox ... who knows.

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
What I expect from Windows 10 for phone is:
1.Better multitasking, fast switching between apps without resume screen.
2.Sort setting page on firm of groups.
3.( I know some people wont like this but its my personal opinion) android app compatibility
4. Keyboard skins, themes
5. Better notification action centre
6. Live tiles should be more live like we should be able to control music app actions like play/pause/forward/backward from tiles itself.
7. Background colour should be able to change apart from black and white.
8. Enhanced graphic drivers:DirectX12 should be able to handle graphic intensive games smoothly on low memory devices.
9. It should be more open for developers like it's Windows PC counterpart
10. Finally I would like live wallpapers and also more stable live lock screen

L525-230

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
i used android for 3 yrs. im using WP for past 9 months.i dont use many apps i manage when i dont find some.its not an issue for me
but my main complaint is the app has to run in the foreground limitation. i use torrents or download on my phone via uc browser.but if i have to reply to a message when the torent app is downloading the app is suspended . i hate this. please provide better multitasking .or atleast give an option to let 2 or 3 apps run (i mean function totally,not just opened and sitting idle)

hisham691

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Sharing thoughts

Every now and then in the WC posts I see people saying "windows 10 will solve that" and "windows 10 will make it better" and and and ..
The question is .. HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW? we absolutely know nothing about windows 10, we don't know what new features it's giving us, we don't now how the UI will look like, we don't know what will be missing, WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING YET.
How could anybody be so sure that it will solve every single problem we have .. I always try to be Optimistic but I can't .. I really love WP but I can't assume any thing until we get official stuff from MS ..
And as I see MS is not giving much attention to WP and that's why we see people switching from WP .. I really believe in WP but MS is not good recently.
So what do you guys think?

Quhi

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
You see, people need to believe in something, and, if windows 10 isn't the ultimate OS, then we all are doomed.

kpulak

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone 10 should support and able to access pen drives. This is the important feature which is missing in windows phone.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Ever since microsoft announced that there will be one single platform covering the 4-80 inches. That made me think what could the windows for phone will have features like? I can't imagine desktop apps working on Lumia 520s since they have confirmed windows 10 for every WP, so anyone with any clue here?

It doesn't mean apps will work across devices, it doesn't mean all devices wlll have the same features, the phone certainly won't have a desktop and start playing flash. It just means all devices will have the same basic operating system and do what the hardware supports.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2