01-09-2015 05:19 PM
58 123
tools
    Ever since microsoft announced that there will be one single platform covering the 4-80 inches. That made me think what could the windows for phone will have features like? I can't imagine desktop apps working on Lumia 520s since they have confirmed windows 10 for every WP, so anyone with any clue here?
    10-03-2014 12:19 PM
    universal apps,more optimisation etc,RT apps downscaled to run on phones
    new start screen
    better app quality
    10-03-2014 12:27 PM
    Microsoft not announced but I am 70% sure release for all wp8 device.
    10-03-2014 12:29 PM
    Is that's what they meant with the apps? Imagine the desktop version of Adobe Photoshop workin on our WPs....๐Ÿ˜
    gerzhwin likes this.
    10-03-2014 12:29 PM
    if 520 is dead now ,, then really Microsoft will face a major loss and hating ๐Ÿ˜
    10-03-2014 12:32 PM
    The only two things they gave away - wider tiles so they go to the edges and the ability to change the true background. ;)
    LTTG likes this.
    10-03-2014 12:33 PM
    The only two things they gave away - wider tiles so they go to the edges and the ability to change the true background. ;)
    Would love it if you elaborate.
    10-03-2014 12:36 PM
    if 520 is dead now ,, then really Microsoft will face a major loss and hating ๐Ÿ˜
    Obviously ... Afterall its the MOST popular Lumia out there .( according to sales)
    primuxprimux likes this.
    10-03-2014 12:38 PM
    Better 512 MB optimization for applications, primarily games. Oh and...better multitasking.
    10-03-2014 12:40 PM
    If really it's happen , pic apps and WP apps are same , then Microsoft will be king ๐Ÿ‘‘ ,, all jealous mostly Android ( hanging) user , and I phone user also and blackberry is also dead
    10-03-2014 12:43 PM
    Well at least wp10 would be a major update just like wp8.1. It'll be with lots of surprises...
    MS should start releasing gdr1 & denim now
    Karthik Naik and pedmar007 like this.
    10-03-2014 12:52 PM
    If really it's happen , pic apps and WP apps are same , then Microsoft will be king ๐Ÿ‘‘ ,, all jealous mostly Android ( hanging) user , and I phone user also and blackberry is also dead
    That's what I am thinking about... It all seems like a dairy tale. Doesn't it?
    10-03-2014 12:52 PM
    Would love it if you elaborate.
    Didn't you check out the bottom left of the picture they posted?

one-product-family-20-1-.jpg
    10-03-2014 12:54 PM
    Didn't you check out the bottom left of the picture they posted?

http://www.windowscentral.com/sites/...?itok=2SjlJ3vd
    And what data does it provided to you? Cause all I can see is the home screen... No details about apps on windows 10
    jagdeep chohan likes this.
    10-03-2014 12:57 PM
    And what data does it provided to you? Cause all I can see is the home screen... No details about apps on windows 10
    Certain apps, no, but what I see is that the normal black background is now blue, which is also the same for the Xbox, and the tiles go from edge to edge instead of the normal space on each side.
    10-03-2014 03:43 PM
    Certain apps, no, but what I see is that the normal black background is now blue, which is also the same for the Xbox, and the tiles go from edge to edge instead of the normal space on each side.
    We all have heard about that coming but the real concern is the apps not the looks.
    10-04-2014 05:58 AM
    If really it's happen , pic apps and WP apps are same , then Microsoft will be king ,, all jealous mostly Android ( hanging) user , and I phone user also and blackberry is also dead
    blackberry isnt dead at all,it still has its enterprise market and BB10 is a much more mature OS to ios and android in alot of ways
    Yazen and aaron j like this.
    10-04-2014 06:59 AM
    Microsoft is a long way from becoming king in a lot of aspects, especially the one being mentioned here, Windows Phone.

No matter how amazing Microsoft's Windows 10 is, they will later have to figure out on how to launch programs similar to Android One to get more marketshare. They'll also have to figure out how to sell their flagships.

But if Windows 10 for mobile is good, they'll have the first part of the puzzle complete.

Blackberry for all intents and purposes is dead for the majority of consumers out there.
    10-04-2014 07:39 AM
    what I expected from Windows (Phone) 10:
    - Startscreen able to rotate
    - Able to have tile groups (like windows 8)
    - Charm bar (hold windows key)
    - Actionable notification + notification page (like Nokia's other platform, has reply button, tweet, share.... etc)
    - List of action center (current only allow 4, Microsoft should make it allow over than 4, and view other by swiping left or right)
    - Large tile (4x4 small tile)
    - able to connect to the Windows PC, and allow to sync and do thing on phone in PC (like ubuntu phone + ubuntu or currently apple thing)
    - create unique things that are only to happen in Windows Phone
    > like charm bar

for actionable notification + notification page
    - notification page are able to viewed by swiping from the left
    > like Nokia X, it would list all notification, and has button to choose what you want to do
    >> tap the notification will go to the app's page, button will do the things [eg: press reply, will go to reply page, press share will show a list of app where you want to share...]
    - notification center remain the same, but modified
    > tap the notification goes to the app's page, tap and hold will show list of option you can do with it
    >> eg: option will show reply, press it will direct to app's reply page, share will show list of apps that you want to share to
    > swipe notification from left to right will clear the section of notification (like current notification), swipe notification from right to left will direct to notification page and show the selected notification
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-04-2014 10:39 AM
    Microsoft is a long way from becoming king in a lot of aspects, especially the one being mentioned here, Windows Phone.

No matter how amazing Microsoft's Windows 10 is, they will later have to figure out on how to launch programs similar to Android One to get more marketshare. They'll also have to figure out how to sell their flagships.

But if Windows 10 for mobile is good, they'll have the first part of the puzzle complete.

Blackberry for all intents and purposes is dead for the majority of consumers out there.
    android one is a joke,the oems are of pathetic quality and is actually a downgrade from even a moto e
    windows 10 will give the correct push to windows and windows phone to get marketshare
    blackberry isnt dead like i said,they can still license out BB10 and QNX and remain alive
    BB10 is like the perfected android,literally
    psoham777 likes this.
    10-05-2014 01:28 AM

First of all, I would like to say no OS is perfect! Its a personal choice, you always say WP should be like Android, why? Just because you like Android, doesn't mean that WP should be like it, or have the same features as Android does. WP 10 is surely going to be a major update like wp8.1. Well lets be patient & then when wp10 is released we'll discuss about those missing features
    10-05-2014 01:34 AM
    android one is a joke,the oems are of pathetic quality and is actually a downgrade from even a moto e
    windows 10 will give the correct push to windows and windows phone to get marketshare
    blackberry isnt dead like i said,they can still license out BB10 and QNX and remain alive
    BB10 is like the perfected android,literally
    You may consider Android One a joke, but is there anything better than Android One devices in the sub $150 range?

And like I said, marketshare isn't that simple to attain but yes I already agreed that if Windows 10 is good they'll have a chance to gain marketshare, but it's not guaranteed.

And as far as BlackBerry goes, you said they "can" still licence out BB10 and QNX, but they "can" they haven't done so yet so for now it's a sinking ship.

The last statement is totally wrong, no one from the experts would say BB10 is better than Android, Windows Phone or iOS.

First of all, I would like to say no OS is perfect! Its a personal choice, you always say WP should be like Android, why? Just because you like Android, doesn't mean that WP should be like it, or have the same features as Android does. WP 10 is surely going to be a major update like wp8.1. Well lets be patient & then when wp10 is released we'll discuss about those missing features
    When did I want WP to be like Android?

I'm not talking about a missing feature, I am talking about a missing strategy to target consumers that don't want to spend a whole lot on a smartphone and still get a solid experience.

If a Windows One project, or something like it launched, where cheap Windows Phone came out I'm pretty sure it would boost market share.

I don't want Windows Phone to be like Android, I want it to be successful, which means it needs advice from OSes that are already quite successful.
    pedmar007 likes this.
    10-05-2014 04:42 AM
    You may consider Android One a joke, but is there anything better than Android One devices in the sub $150 range?

And like I said, marketshare isn't that simple to attain but yes I already agreed that if Windows 10 is good they'll have a chance to gain marketshare, but it's not guaranteed.

And as far as BlackBerry goes, you said they "can" still licence out BB10 and QNX, but they "can" they haven't done so yet so for now it's a sinking ship.

The last statement is totally wrong, no one from the experts would say BB10 is better than Android, Windows Phone or iOS.

I'm not talking about a missing feature, I am talking about a missing strategy to target consumers that don't want to spend a whole lot on a smartphone and still get a solid experience.

If a Windows One project, or something like it launched, where cheap Windows Phone came out I'm pretty sure it would boost market share.

I don't want Windows Phone to be like Android, I want it to be successful, which means it needs advice from OSes that are already quite successful.
    in short you want another android,no thanks , you can stick to android since you prefer it and we will stick to windows phone
    android one is a joke compared to android phones itself
    you can get a moto e for the same price,why buy a bad chinese/indian oem phone when you can get a premium moto for the same price

the "experts" you talk about such as Linus sebastian etc are a joke,they dont even review properly
    they dont even use the phones most of the time
    rather get an opinion from someone who owns/tried all phones/os's ie people like me-consumers
    what will this "windows one" even do,we dont have android fragmentation etc
    seriously dude give credit where due,critisize where due,dont just follow blindly
    nothing is perfect

BB10 beats android at its own game
    salmanahmad likes this.
    10-05-2014 05:35 AM
    in short you want another android,no thanks , you can stick to android since you prefer it and we will stick to windows phone
    android one is a joke compared to android phones itself
    you can get a moto e for the same price,why buy a bad chinese/indian oem phone when you can get a premium moto for the same price

the "experts" you talk about such as Linus sebastian etc are a joke,they dont even review properly
    they dont even use the phones most of the time
    rather get an opinion from someone who owns/tried all phones/os's ie people like me-consumers
    what will this "windows one" even do,we dont have android fragmentation etc
    seriously dude give credit where due,critisize where due,dont just follow blindly
    nothing is perfect

BB10 beats android at its own game
    First of all, I accidentally thanked your post.

Anyways read my post again, I don't want "another" Android device, I want Microsoft to adopt a strategy where it partners up with OEMs to provide cheap devices for emerging markets that are available, plus partnering up with Indian OEMs will be beneficial to the economy of developing countries as well, another WIN.

Moto E and G are more expensive than the Android One experience. And Android fragmentation has nothing to do here, Android One devices are guaranteed two years of support.

Moving on, I never mentioned Linus here. Linus is one of the best reviewers out there, you just don't like him because he doesn't like Windows Phone, but he does thoroughly use all of the products he reviews.
    10-05-2014 06:28 AM

In other threads even you accepted that companies like spice, Micromax, karbonn come up with cheap/laggy phones, you said they do not form all of the Android but now as they've got Android one, they've become good? These OEMs still make their own phones. I don't see how they've improved just by reducing it at a more cheaper price. What about the quality, they still use pathetic materials in their phone.

As far as reducing Prices of WP goes, MS already told, it'll reduce the prices of phones even further in upcoming markets, once they're launched.
    Karthik Naik and satrus08 like this.
    10-05-2014 07:03 AM
58 123