Is there a video somewhere how it works? I find this a genius idea but I'm wondering about one possible issue:
    Because the nubbin is placed on the left side of the keyboard I would think you have not much horizontal space towards the left to move the cursor to the left over the screen. I would love to see this in action and hear some experiences. It's accuracy and sensitivity.
    Someone with the preview please make a video!:) thanks!
    02-12-2015 02:46 PM
    I'm not going to make a video, but I don't understand why they didn't just make arrow keys. I tried this thing out, and while it works, it was cumbersome to move the cursor around with precision. Maybe it takes getting used to but... why not arrow keys?
    02-12-2015 04:24 PM
    What I find most confusing is that it does not appear all the time. I haven't figured out the pattern yet. Maybe MS built apps support it, 3rd party need to enable support?
    02-12-2015 04:29 PM
    arrow keys take screen space, this doesn't.

i would like a video too :3
    02-12-2015 04:38 PM
    Yes, but there are different keyboard screens you get when selecting the &123 and then "->" buttons where they could have put the arrow keys. Or made them float, like the arrows on the "nubbin" already do.
    Maybe I'll get used to it though.
    02-12-2015 04:55 PM
    On the ones that show the nubbin, the comma is in the symbol section. I don't like having to push an extra key to get the comma. Are there keyboard settings somewhere that I missed?
    02-12-2015 05:08 PM
    On the ones that show the nubbin, the comma is in the symbol section. I don't like having to push an extra key to get the comma. Are there keyboard settings somewhere that I missed?
    In 8.1 there is an option to in Settings -> Keyboard that says "Show a comma key when available", but it seems to be gone in W10, at least it's not in the same place. I hope they bring it back.

Meanwhile, you can get to the comma quicker by holding down the period key and waiting for the popup and select the comma there.
    02-12-2015 05:16 PM
    Is there a video somewhere how it works? I find this a genius idea but I'm wondering about one possible issue:
    Because the nubbin is placed on the left side of the keyboard I would think you have not much horizontal space towards the left to move the cursor to the left over the screen. I would love to see this in action and hear some experiences. It's accuracy and sensitivity.
    Someone with the preview please make a video!:) thanks!
    It works more like a 4-way arcade stick than a nub really. Not super sensitive, peak acceleration is about 4*char/s.
    Invoking the nub is surprisingly reliable given the size and position. Useful for one handed operations and pesky html, but little else IMO.

EDIT: Orientation is not a big deal because it does not take much travel to reach peak acceleration.
    anon(5969054) likes this.
    02-12-2015 05:23 PM
    Not sure what the rules are for it showing up either. Now when I'm typing this comment it's nowhere to be found, for example...
    02-13-2015 09:26 AM