1520 With Win10 - do the denim update? is this OS + denim or just firmware

jharr100

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
So I hacked Win10 (oh yes I know it was wrong) but denim came out today - will this update play nice with Win10 or should I go back. I actually would prefer to keep interactive notifications than have any of the features of denim....

andrews240

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I installed Win10 onto my 1520 also. I did install the Denim update today and all is working well. A couple small things though:

Hey Cortana and Device Hub,still does not work, which I thought Denim would provide.

Otherwise, the OS is running just as usual.

If anyone can shed any light on the Hey Cortana and Device Hub settings not opening, I would greatly appreciate it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Denim will break anything on 10, but I don't think all of Denim's features will work.
Things are broken in 10. Glance settings? Nope. Denim isn't going to compensate for 10's current unfinished state, especially when it wasn't released for your model.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I installed Win10 onto my 1520 also. I did install the Denim update today and all is working well. A couple small things though:

Hey Cortana and Device Hub,still does not work, which I thought Denim would provide.

Otherwise, the OS is running just as usual.

If anyone can shed any light on the Hey Cortana and Device Hub settings not opening, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey Cortana has been enabled on your device, I take it? It's disabled by default.

Had to ask...

andrews240

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes, Cortana is enabled. Just no "Hey, Cortana" functionality.

xandros9:
I did notice the Glance Screen settings are disabled as well. I figured these disable functions were because of the OS. Thank you for the information

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Cortana is enabled. Just no "Hey, Cortana" functionality.

xandros9:
I did notice the Glance Screen settings are disabled as well. I figured these disable functions were because of the OS. Thank you for the information

I just wanna be clear. Hey Cortana has a separate setting at the very bottom of the Settings list. It is disabled by default, even if Cortana is on.

jharr100

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
MEH phone is acting very erratic after update. Cortana is randomly coming up...and every time her little chime comes on the physical buttons stop working and the screen is no longer responsive. I have to turn the display off for it to stop...ill see what happens after a few hours.

Edit:

Maybe it has something to do with the phone charging and becoming hot - after I took it off charge those problems dont happen but ill keep looking...

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would think you have to revert before accepting the AT&T OTA... I'm just guessing.

You guys are in uncharted waters without a life preserver.

If it was me, I would flash the 8.1.1 + Lumia Denim Official as a clean install and get my 1520 out of the danger zone. Does anyone have any ideas what will happen if your hacked 1520 tries to take a Win 10 update from the copycatted model next or gets the official invite into Insider?

I smell FUBAR.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I would think you have to revert before accepting the AT&T OTA... I'm just guessing.

You guys are in uncharted waters without a life preserver.

If it was me, I would flash the 8.1.1 + Lumia Denim Official as a clean install and get my 1520 out of the danger zone. Does anyone have any ideas what will happen if your hacked 1520 tries to take a Win 10 update from the copycatted model next or gets the official invite into Insider?

I smell FUBAR.

Well, I'd hope these people were atleast smart enough to set their proper model numbers back to what they are supposed to be! if not.. I see a massive bricking pandemic in the near future

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read from posters, following the instruction set exactly was deemed optional by a significant number of "hakerz."

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
From what I've read from posters, following the instruction set exactly was deemed optional by a significant number of "hakerz."

Yea, so I've noticed -_-

I did hack it on to my old 925 just for the lulz though haha, I think as long as you set the model number back, it shouldn't cause many issues, though this should never be done on a "main phone" or a phone you care about, so it shouldn't be an issue to reflash it if needed..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon