03-17-2015 11:53 AM
81 ... 234
tools
    A feature that is kinda useless when you can download an app that can lock your pictures. I say leave it to dev to put that kind of lock .
    I prefer MS to put this in the OS as it can be faster and more accessible and can be secure compared to them releasing an API for this and asking developers to make an app like this
    03-17-2015 02:49 AM
    A few guidelines here that don't involve having an app locker layer in the OS

1) Trust the people you give your phone to
    2) Don't put stuff on your phone that you wouldn't want your mother to see
    3) Use apps that have locks/encryption built into them
    4) Use two phones.

I use methods 1 and 2.
    rhapdog and sahib lopez like this.
    03-17-2015 03:13 AM
    A few guidelines here that don't involve having an app locker layer in the OS

1) Trust the people you give your phone to
    2) Don't put stuff on your phone that you wouldn't want your mother to see
    3) Use apps that have locks/encryption built into them
    4) Use two phones.

I use methods 1 and 2.
    Or just an AppLock 😉
    03-17-2015 11:05 AM
    Ok, let's put this in perspective.

Microsoft looks at the uservoice page for suggestions and to see what issues are considered important by users (items with more votes get more attention, items with less votes drop off the bottom).

Looking through the items, the top voted suggestion for an App Locker has 616 votes. Based on this, there isn't a great demand for this feature at all and Microsoft certainly won't implement a feature (or API) based on the wishes of less than 1,000 users.
    sahib lopez and rhapdog like this.
    03-17-2015 11:24 AM
    MS should have to give what people want to keep all WP users satisfied
    THAT is the main problem with younger people today. A sense that they are entitled to everything they want. They keep whining and begging and claiming it is owed to them trying to make someone give in.

There were over 38 million Windows Phones sold world-wide in 2014. There are 60,000 people testing Windows 10 for phones. 616 votes on UserVoice certainly does not mean a large number of people want this.

As evidenced by the chatter in this thread compared to others, people would much rather have snapchat than app lock.

I think pretty much everything that can be said about this subject has already been said in this thread (hint to a kind moderator?). This is something that should be dealt with on UserVoice at this point. My 2 cents.
    920Walker and sahib lopez like this.
    03-17-2015 11:46 AM
    Stop doing things that make your parents not trust you or get a job and your own roof.
    03-17-2015 11:53 AM
81 ... 234